ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Two stage accelerator on cup...

Golf 1.4 TSI

my 172 had it when i got it but i dont have it now, or i just worn it out by slamming my foot as hard as i can when i drive every:)where

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 21 November 2003

Nope, now come on guys - anyone in the know knows that these pedals are special to the cup and anyone with one on a 172 has changed the pedal to get a bit more out of their car
there not special to the cup

My mate is the service manager at Renault Swan street & he says the switch is to cut off the speed limiter for the cruise control (not fitted to cups,although its the same throttle unit) You might think your going faster but unfortunatley your not. The throttle is electronic not on a cable, its reached maximum throttle just before you feel the click off the switch. Tried & tested on his 172.:devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by GPRIM on 21 November 2003

my 172 had it when i got it but i dont have it now, or i just worn it out by slamming my foot as hard as i can when i drive every:)where

Mine to it disapeared after 4-5 k miles.

Ph-Sold!

As Marcus said, I recall it actually says in the manual that the cruise control is over-ridden by pressing the pedal down further than normal.

i think theres a lot of guessing being going on over this one, the the plastic cap under the pedal is usually to stop damage to the pedal and carpet, and to stop is sticking.

I have heard nothing of renault giving you the option to fit NOS to a clio, also, i think that if it was a type of kick down, you would have heard of it by now, and renault wouldnt go to the extent and cost of setting up two stage throttles etc and not telling anyone about it, waste of money..

i too am taking a rough guess on the following statement as well, but just to try clearing some things up, the two stage throttle you seem to be able to see, may have something to do with the Variable valve timing, so that when the timing is altered, more air may be needed, hence the reason for the bigger flap opening, either that or it is for the ECU to open to allow an increased air flow to equal out the air / fuel mixture.

Chances are, that by forcing this pedal down further than it should go, you are damaging something...