ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The Bus and MRT
UC : DF is a great game, the storyline and characters seem to really draw you in and make it a 'just 10 more minutes' type of game. Its one of the titles that makes a PS3 a must have imo.

And I only paid £14 for it as it's now platinum :approve:

Certainly does draw you in and make you want to play another 10 minutes... Had to be up for the gym at half six this morning and I've only had 5 hourrs sleep thanks to it!

A4 Avant
I haven't played the 1st one, the vids posted for the 2nd look great though, i'll have to keep my eye out for it when it's released.

The Bus and MRT
I haven't played the 1st one, the vids posted for the 2nd look great though, i'll have to keep my eye out for it when it's released.

Buy the first one mate... best game I've played in a while and it must be 2 years old now and a complete bargin for £14 off Amazon :approve:

Looks like the story line is a core part of the game as well so you might miss something important if you skip it and just get the 2nd one.

The Bus and MRT
Beta codes sold out :(

:( Just got an e-mail saying they're checking if I get one or not... Will know before midday tomorrow.

[EDIT]
brazo said:
Balls! And Infamous has just got a 9/10 at Gamespot too!

Demo is out on the PS3 Network for download if you want to try it brazo. It's pretty decent, just took a bit of getting used to after the amount of Drake's I've been playing :)

I'll be pre-ordering this. I only recently got to play through the first game and, frankly, it was f**king excellent. In fact, I played it almost constantly for days on end until the credits rolled. If the sequel is only as good, and only looks as good, then I'll be happy.

Am playing through uncharted again as it was over a year since I last went through it, yep it has some real wow moments in and 2 is supposed to look even better.

I am at the point where you go under the monastry and there are the zombie things, tbh I hate that part and they scared the s**t out of me first time around. IMO they were not needed and hopefully won't be in 2!

Am nigh on 70% through without unlocking a single trophy lol:eek:

Finished this for the second time, zombie things weren't that bad, first time around I didn't realise that they kept respawning in the generater room and I spent a traumatic hour down there on my own:eek:

Some comparison pics to show Drakes Fortune vs Among Thieves

Does look a fair improvement despite high res images etc!

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/407/unchartedfirstdemovs1vs.jpg

And some new footage - looking superior!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid22881388001?bctid=33718683001

Last edited:
The first one was a great game , but i don't think they got the balance quite right gun play/exploration , it was a little gun play sided imho , so i hope they sort that out for the second outing.

The first one was a great game , but i don't think they got the balance quite right gun play/exploration , it was a little gun play sided imho , so i hope they sort that out for the second outing.

Yep your not wrong, it was criticised for it in the reviews etc, Hopefully Naughty Dog have taken note and toned it down a tad - not an awful lot mind! Just a bit!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Co-president of Naughty Dog Christophe Balestra, has recently said that due to the technical aspects of the upcoming PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, it would be ‘impossible’ to recreate the game for the Xbox 360.
According to Eurogamer, Balestra made the comments in a recent interview with Ars Technica. He gave plenty of reasons why he would make such a bold admission, but summed it up pretty clearly here:
“I guarantee that this game couldn’t be working on Xbox 360. It would be impossible. I’m 100 per cent sure of this. “You can play the entire game without loading. We don’t require an install. We’re doing all the post-processing effects on the SPUs [Synergistic Processing Units]. The quality of the depth of field we have, you can’t do that on the Xbox.”
He also listed the usual ‘Blu-Ray
mag-glass_10x10.gif
having more disk space’ reason too, and revealed that the sequel will use ‘all’ of the PS3’s processing power, compared to only 30-40 % which was used for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.
More of his comments over at Eurogamer. We are wondering what Xbox 360 owners think of this, so let us know your thoughts below.

It may well be accurate, or it may well just be marketing rubbish keeping Sony sweet for an exclusive. Truth is, they could probably port it to 360 with enough effort, even if the visuals had to be slightly backed off.

I know I'll be buying it, regardless.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Looks f**king awesome and if it is half as good as the first one it will be excellent.

Already pre-ordered it.

Yup it's awesome. One of the few games that has woken my PS3 from its role as dust collector and kept it in use for a sustained period.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Downloading the multiplayer beta for this now :) Codes were released on IGN earlier tonight. I missed out but thankfully a friend has just emailed me a spare code.

Octy VRS
f**king IGN have "run out" of free codes so you now have to sign up to their b****cks for money to get one. So basically they are selling free beta codes. W4nkers.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Pre-order from Play and receive a beta code, I'm sure you could then cancel the pre-order if you don't want it.

Octy VRS
I've given it a go. If I receive a code I'll try tonight and cancel tomorrow. There's nothing in their T&C's to say you can't.