ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

SLK 350
Gotta say, I'm hooked.

I started out with the Co-op Objective mode, aside from the fact it appears there's only one 'level' to play, it's really quite good.

Then moved on to the DM modes, really rinsed it last night, and despite some initial problems actually killing anyone I really enjoyed the game. Just need to level up to 14 to get that 'Down the Irons' perk, which apparently makes the AK a decent weapon over long range.

I also noticed that at times, the Finding Players process took a good 5 minutes, though usually on exiting back to the main menu, and trying again it worked reasonably quickly.

One thing that is annoying is having to go through the Find Games/Players process after every game, wish it would just cycle the maps.

Enjoyed the MP side of things, and I'm pretty sure the SP will be even more spectacular.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
The beta has made me hate my PS3, never connects even after 10-m15 minutes of trying to find a game.

Lee

BMW M2C
Shopto have taken the money off my card, so unless the postal strike screw me over I'll have mine before the end of the week. That's my weekend sorted. :D

I must remember to update my PS3 one evening, and make sure it still actually works.

Revels Mum & Sister
I hate you Lee :(

I need to do the same as well actually. Mine does not even has a space on the rack anymore.

The Bus and MRT
Exectly, I'll do it this evening while watching Heroes and Californication on the 360. That should be long enough.

Now dispatched.:D

Still waiting for mine to be dispatched. I've paid the 2 quid for next day delivery as well... was going to chance it will royal mail but my mate at work paid the extra and I can't have his turning up tomorrow and mine now :D

E87 118d M Sport
just had my receipt and confirmation of payment from shopto. despatch tomoro, hopefully get it thursday.

all for £32.95 too. WIN!

F*ck me I've just seen the average rating for this on Gamerankings.com

Christ.

I know its stupidly high!

Actually cancelled my pre order with shopto.net and will pick it up from Game on friday, still playing dirt2 so not fussed on getting it a day early!

The Bus and MRT
Still waiting for mine to be dispatched. I've paid the 2 quid for next day delivery as well... was going to chance it will royal mail but my mate at work paid the extra and I can't have his turning up tomorrow and mine now :D

Well I've been bummed. Me and my mate got e-mails at 6.30ish last night from UKMail saying it would be delivered today. His turns up, mine doesn't and the consignment number says it's not in the system :mad: Should have stuck with Royal mail.

Lee

BMW M2C
or you could watch heroes in HD on your PS3;)

How am I going to do that when it's updating for half an hour?

I watched Californication in HD on the 360, updated the PS3, then turned it off again. I watched Heroes later, again on the 360.

Anyway, mine has arrived. That's my weekend sorted. :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
How am I going to do that when it's updating for half an hour?

I watched Californication in HD on the 360, updated the PS3, then turned it off again. I watched Heroes later, again on the 360.

Anyway, mine has arrived. That's my weekend sorted. :D
you must have a s**t connection then!

be interested to know how you watch HD tv on the 360, i've never found a good way.

usb hard drive on ps3, job done really.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm gonna asda it on friday i think, didn't pre-order this.

come to think of it i haven't pre-ordered forza either, just COD

Lee

BMW M2C
you must have a s**t connection then!

be interested to know how you watch HD tv on the 360, i've never found a good way.

usb hard drive on ps3, job done really.

I see around 900kb/sec download on the PC.

I was going to think ahead and download the update at work, but figured I'd just let it run last night, ready for tonight. :D Fingers crossed I don't end up stuck in the office now.

They're only TV rips, it doesn't make any difference which console I watch them on, they're hardly Bluray quality. lol

S3, Polo
HMV have Uncharted 2 for £34.99.

Is this the cheapest out there?

* Shop.to (my normal supplier) have it for £38

mine should of came today but game fucked up my order so i phoned them yesturday got it sorted so hopefully will be here tomorow as its says its been despatched on my account

dk

911 GTS Cab
I see around 900kb/sec download on the PC.

I was going to think ahead and download the update at work, but figured I'd just let it run last night, ready for tonight. :D Fingers crossed I don't end up stuck in the office now.

They're only TV rips, it doesn't make any difference which console I watch them on, they're hardly Bluray quality. lol
ah, i always download them in mkv and watch them in 720p and 5.1 on the ps3, don't do the 350mb avi's.

be interested to hear some reviews over the next couple of days from people on here as to whether its a good as people say.

E87 118d M Sport
WHAT THE FUK!!!!

it is THE best adventure genre game ive ever played, worth buying a ps3 JUST for the first one. this one is guna be a whole lot better.

wow - 96.31%. cant remember seeing a game with that high a score?

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
WHAT THE FUK!!!!

it is THE best adventure genre game ive ever played, worth buying a ps3 JUST for the first one. this one is guna be a whole lot better.

wow - 96.31%. cant remember seeing a game with that high a score?

I can't get back on that link for some reason, keeping getting 404 errors, but I think I remember it saying that was the 4th best overall score on GameRankings. I'm presuming one of the GTA's is ahead of it, and probably Halo or Zelda?

E87 118d M Sport
nah its currently 6th:

Zelda Ocarina of time N64 - 97.69%
GTA4 PS3 - 97.31%
Super Mario Galaxy WII - 97.28%
Super Mario World SNES - 96.70%
GTA4 360 - 96.36%
Uncharted 2 PS3 - 96.31%

so if you ignore the fact that gta is on there twice, then it is currently the 5th highest scoring game on any platform, of all time. obviously when it has 70-80 odd reviews there could be a difference.

Metacritic has it at 97% from 59 reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/uncharted2amongthieves?q=Uncharted

Octy VRS
I don't understand GTA4. Although I loved it there were tons of people moaning saying it was s**t.

Lee

BMW M2C
ah, i always download them in mkv and watch them in 720p and 5.1 on the ps3, don't do the 350mb avi's.

be interested to hear some reviews over the next couple of days from people on here as to whether its a good as people say.

Same here, well one of the lads at work does. lol The Heroes Se04Ep02 I watched last night wasn't great though. Californication was spot on though, in more ways than one!

If it's anywhere near as good as Zelda Ocarina of Time they it will be one of the greatest games of all time. I'm starting to think it could well be. I've stopped myself playing it today, as I want to do it justice on a large screen, rather than the one on my desk at work.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I download the 400mb avi files and they look perfectly good, I can't be bothered with the 720p file sizes despite having a 20mb bb connection. I watched Heroes S4 Episodes 1-5 last night.

I'm undecided on buying this game.

Revels Mum & Sister
Well I was going to order but forgot. Then got a shipping notice from Play.com. Forgot I pre ordered to get the BETA code and forgot to cancel. LOL

Oh well I have a copy now ;)