ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Undersealed and Detailed RB 182, almost how I want it...

RB 182 FF
It's been fully undersealed and detailed last week and gave it a good clean today so thought I'd take a few snaps with the help of my brother..... A few little details left to sort out but it's pretty much as I want it right now...! :)

CIMG2749.jpg

CIMG2742.jpg

CIMG2746.jpg

CIMG2754.jpg

CIMG2764.jpg

CIMG2761.jpg

CIMG2794.jpg

CIMG2784.jpg

CIMG2780.jpg

CIMG2778.jpg

CIMG2797.jpg

CIMG2801.jpg

CIMG2812.jpg

CIMG2815.jpg

CIMG2821.jpg

Comments and criticism very welcome...:D

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
arg, HDR hurts my eyes! ;)

car looks lovely though mate, credit to you for keeping it so clean :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i may well rip off the engine cover idea if thats okay Gaz? it looks simply stunning, i plan for anthracite p/coated inlet and guard etc then RB cover :)

RB 182 FF
i may well rip off the engine cover idea if thats okay Gaz? it looks simply stunning, i plan for anthracite p/coated inlet and guard etc then RB cover :)

No problem Coops go for it! :) It does transform the engine bay in fairness, I guess that's why so many of us do it! :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks lovely mate!

What did you use to underseal? It's a job I'm going to be tackling on mine soon.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
don't use blummin waxoyl if you plan to work on the car yourself in the future, I spend my life covered in the stuff now as its all over the underside of the car! lol!

RB 182 FF
Hi guys cheers for the nice comments :) Luke I used the Hammerite Underseal with added waxoyl, I've used it before on my old Alfa V6 and found it to be good so used it again. It stays slightly tacky but not too bad, I prefer this as it's peace of mind that there shouldn't be any stones chipping at it and letting in dreaded salty water between underbody and underseal during winter! :eek:

Cheers for the comments on the touches on the car like the centre cap bolts and engine cover and manifold... I get bored and end up toying with ideas then eventually doing them! Still got a few jobs like spraying the grilles and I fancy the rear bumper strip and fog surrounds done gloss black as well in time... :)

182 CUP
Lovely looking RB, well done mate. i want to give mine a right going over before winter comes, what products did you use? as they seem to have done the job:cool:

RB 182 FF
Cheers rave, I snow foamed first and clay barred obviously then used Dodo juice Lime Prime pre wax and Autoglym High-Def wax to finish. This is my standard effort on the RB most weeks, tried all sorts of stuff and loads of good products about. Im no expert by any means but this combo gives the RB a great shine! :) If Magpie V6 sees this she(Dawn I believe) can help you out a lot more than me as her detailing efforts are amazing!!! :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ooooft

Nice that chap, big fan of the o.e cupped rims, look excellent in black. Some new silver bullets and that would be perfect for me!

Nice plate too ;)

S3, Polo
Looks like a corking car - good effort!

Prefer one-colour inlets and silver bullets, but that's just me.

182 CUP
Cheers rave, I snow foamed first and clay barred obviously then used Dodo juice Lime Prime pre wax and Autoglym High-Def wax to finish. This is my standard effort on the RB most weeks, tried all sorts of stuff and loads of good products about. Im no expert by any means but this combo gives the RB a great shine! :) If Magpie V6 sees this she(Dawn I believe) can help you out a lot more than me as her detailing efforts are amazing!!! :D

Thanks for that Gaz, i'll be getting your advised products in this week and have a go over the weekend. Might just be a few panels though hangover depending... Its good to have products recommended that work so well on the RB, ive been meaning to ask on here for ages. And I'll have a look for some of Magpie V6's posts. Before i came on this forum i thought i had an ocd with detailing, it appears however that i'm quite normal.;)

RB 182 FF
Thanks for that Gaz, i'll be getting your advised products in this week and have a go over the weekend. Might just be a few panels though hangover depending... Its good to have products recommended that work so well on the RB, ive been meaning to ask on here for ages. And I'll have a look for some of Magpie V6's posts. Before i came on this forum i thought i had an ocd with detailing, it appears however that i'm quite normal.;)

No worries rave, don't get me confused with an OCD detailer because I'm definitely not...:D I've always bought silver cars when I can as they are so flipping easy to keep looking pristine however when I saw RB in the flesh I had to own one! RB deserves to be looked after properly because the rewards are quite brilliant, such a great colour in the flesh! :) Going back to the products I settled on these ones after my mate(a valeter and detailer) recommended them and after trying them I was very satisfied with the finish! Mind you I was lucky to find an RB in great condition to start with which helps! :D

RB 182 FF
Cheers for the kind comments guys :) I really wasn't expecting pictures of my car to end up on someone's desktop! :D

RB 182
hiya mate,
what paint did you use on your engine cover ?
Ive been looking for a decent RB match and yours looks like a good match :)

Lovely looking car btw belt colour IMO :D