ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal Raninsport 2 supply issue.... :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hi guys, im facing MOT time and need tyres and various other bits and bobs for the 182.

Now according to Camskill, they wont have Uniroyal RS2's in for another 3 MONTHS?!?! :(

Everywhere else is very expensive by comparisson, it leaves me with no option but to consider Falken ZE192's Good option?

Any help on the matter?

Regards, Danny

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Haven't used ZE912s, but FK452s are decent for their price.

Aye Gaz i had Falkens years ago and they were great, hard wearing decent wear rate etc...

I know vat went up but my local tyre place now want another £50 on top of what i paid last year (£138) kind of annoyed :(

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Im not paying £150 for two tyres delivered:eek:

where the hell are you ordering from ? there like £48 or £50 each for 15inch ones here.

on another note, do they have toyo proxes ? had a set of them and i was pretty impressed

Mk5 golf gti
To be honest im not overly impressed with my rainsport 2's they have been on about a month

not bad nor great

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
where the hell are you ordering from ? there like £48 or £50 each for 15inch ones here.

on another note, do they have toyo proxes ? had a set of them and i was pretty impressed

Sorry i should have said, its 205/45/16 fitment im using...

To be honest im not overly impressed with my rainsport 2's they have been on about a month

not bad nor great

Really? I thik they're great, especially in the wet?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
150 still sounds a little steep. tried the toyo tires ? i think there pretty good to be honest, almost the same as the rainsports

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats what im getting from black circles anyway....

I have tried the T1-R's, not a great tyre in the wet if im honest mate.... again, same price as the Uniroyal RS's :(

clio 182
i got last saturday, called every garage in the area and eventually found 4 for 238 fitted in 195/15. Alot of garages did say they could not even order in just now though so there must be a supply problem

First time i have used them and they are brilliant in the wet!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
nankang tires are fairly cheap, dunno about your size though. and i havent driven on them in the wet so i dont know what there like there

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Paradas are cheap aren't they Dan but not amazing in the rain! Epic dry day tyre but then again soft compound, quicker wear!

Hmmm. Replied to you text anyway dude. :)

Trophy #382
Have you tried tyretraders.com? I bought 4 from there about 2 1/2 weeks ago for, 205/45/16, £266 delivered!! Bargain

2014 Clio 200t edc
Get some part worns on for the mot, then get some rainsports later. You might be lucky and get done decent make ones.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
c**t size iirc mate!

Conti's are over £100 each mate.

So the thread title is about a supply issue - but the actual issue is you don't want to pay decent money for them and are annoyed you can't get them cheap anywhere?

Lame - they're worth the money get them bought! Hardly worth winging about it just to save £20

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So the thread title is about a supply issue - but the actual issue is you don't want to pay decent money for them and are annoyed you can't get them cheap anywhere?

Lame - they're worth the money get them bought! Hardly worth winging about it just to save £20

You know nothing of my financial status so hows about you take a f**k to yourself you f**king prick.

If you're financial status means you can't afford a set of tyres - then buy some cheaper tyres - or save up for a bit longer. There isn't a supply shortage on Rainsports - you just can't afford them

PS. Nice reply

Listerine & Poledo
You know nothing of my financial status so hows about you take a f**k to yourself you f**king prick.

Wow, you really know how to get on peoples good side dont you.

Just go buy some Kwik Fit ditch finders and have done with it, or suck it up and realise that cars cost money

Listerine & Poledo
Any mods or admins out there? Please change thread name. Something along the lines of:-

I'm too tight to buy good tyres, but it's not my fault.

R53 Cooper S
Try Auchenlea tyres mate, just off eurocentral, normally the cheapest about.

p.s rainsports are pish, even in the wet lol

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
There could very well be supply issues, neither of the suppliers we use at work can get rain sports, possibly because the have sold all their batch. if you look at your tyres the DOT code will tell you the week of the year the tyres are made, tyre manufacturers dont make all tyres and all sizes all year round the schedule them by weeks, we have been having issues gettign bridgestone RE050As that the mondeos come with bridge stone say they dont have any instock in europe, and wont be making them for several months, when you check the tyres they have a DOT code 4810, meaning they were last made in november 2010, so probably wont be made until November this year. and because of stuff like this if some one has some of these tyres instock and there is a demand then they can charge what they want. Abit like a while ago kwik-fit bought most of continentals stock in the most popular sizes, meaning it was very hard for any one else to get them, and when we could we had to pay through the nose for them, kwik fir were selling them 4 for 3, but the 3 were dearer than normal, but because every one else was gettign charged more kwik fit were the cheapest on the market, selling them retail lower than our cost. iirc they had been cheaper then black circles price for just the tyre.

Also generally tyre prices have went up a good 30% in the last year or so, cost price has went up so the retail price we sell them out goes up to, and because they work as a percentage rather than a set value of mark up it inflates the miderange-premium tyre more than budget/ditch finders.
And as said about the same tyres being more and more expensive, vredestein is a prime example, they used to bo sort of under ground hereos, mainstream hadnt got ahold of them but are very very good and very very cheap, but as the word has got out about them the demand for them has increased and so has the prices, and example is the ultrac sessanta 225/40/18 when i had the c4 i got 2 for £117, then 6 months later the same tyres cost £160 and 6 months later they are now almost £220 the pair.

As said on facebook mate the hankook v12 Evos are a great alround tyre equaly good in the wet and in the dry, either that or tyre getting some part worns but even they have went up in price.

Had 4 RS2's fitted this morning.
Went for 195's at a local place, £260 fitted.

They did have to source some from another branch.