ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

update of my M3 - loadsa picsssssss

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi guys just a lil update of my m3, sold my gdi cliosport for it and it was bog standard with alot of problems (that i later found out bout)!

here it is now, running spot on!

what'd you guys reckon? its ment to be GT rep with a few extras bits added on!

DSCN1647.gif

DSCN1665.gif

DSCN1652.gif

DSCN1670.gif

DSCN1671.gif

DSCN1673.gif

DSCN1663.gif

DSCN1656.gif

DSCN1677.gif

DSCN1678.gif

DSCN1679.gif

1.2 MK2 PH2
I'm a beemer fan like m8, lovley car na lovley colour, im still not 100% on the Gt bumpers though, i think there a bit... 'out there' compare to the rest of the kit!

the original kidney grilles were the pre facelift ones which looked really really old, the black ones do the job for now till i get bord and get the facelift kidney grilles :)

M2 Competition
Looks awesome mate! Love it :D

Only thing id change would be normally spaced number plates and silver kidney grilles.

Looks awesome mate! Love it :D

Only thing id change would be normally spaced number plates and silver kidney grilles.

the front number plate will be coming off and a small one made up and put above the fog and a blanking plate for the gap put in!shud look sweet

I think it would look better without the big front splitter on it (and normal reg plates, but they've been covered) Looks a nice example:)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
stunning bimmer! loving the wheels, only thing i would change is the upswept dtm pipes on the back

the lights are standard bud with gen 6 angels and hids in them, look pretty sweet.

as for the splitter, it serves a function but im looking at getting the adjustable splitter when funds permit!

bit of a marmite car, but im getting some good suggestions which i was hoping for!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
what power are these standard?? im thinking about getting one to replace my 200... and then get a r32gtr as a toy... also what they like to drive also do they take to tuning well?? are they a 2+2 or is there 3 seats in the back??

kinda tempted by a cabrio one too...

but saying that also been looking at 7 series... they are ALOT of car for the money...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Because it's the worst?

not really, maybe people say that as the GT wasnt given as much recognition as the likes of the e30 evo sport and e46 CSL
Think you misunderstand mate. It's a good car, but of the 4 generations of m3 produced, without doubt the weakest. Def an upgrade from a 182 though. Be interesting to see which m3 you think is weaker.

what power are these standard?? im thinking about getting one to replace my 200... and then get a r32gtr as a toy... also what they like to drive also do they take to tuning well?? are they a 2+2 or is there 3 seats in the back??

kinda tempted by a cabrio one too...

but saying that also been looking at 7 series... they are ALOT of car for the money...

mine is a 3litre with a 5 spd box, the latter ones are 3.2 evo's with a 6 spd box which are prone to having more problems as they have a twin vanos and a very notchy gearbox.

as standard mine had 286 bhp whereas the evos have 321 but they never produce the stated power. with an induction kit, supersprint decat and scorpion backbox mine produced 313bhp which is evo power anyways. i think that i may just have a good one as my mechanic goes its alot quicker than any other 3litre's he has driven.

tuning wise, its just as a clio, expensive to get big power. decat, exhaust, cams, carbon induction and a remap will see you around 335-340bhp from a 3litre. next you can go down the supercharger and turbo route, im hoping to get a supercharger soon!

the coupes have 3 seats at the back, check the saloons, they are even cheaper and come with way more goodies then the coupes and verts!

not really, maybe people say that as the GT wasnt given as much recognition as the likes of the e30 evo sport and e46 CSL
Think you misunderstand mate. It's a good car, but of the 4 generations of m3 produced, without doubt the weakest. Def an upgrade from a 182 though. Be interesting to see which m3 you think is weaker.

my old man used to have an e30 evo sport which was just awesome but sadly got stolen before i had a lisence :(, i wasnt that impressed with the e46 m3's to be honest, i had a go in an smg one, didnt like the sound of the car but it was more refined then mine and smg 2 is brilliant. but for the price i'd take mine over a normal e46 m3 anyday - still not a bad car for a 21 year old uni student :eek:

Looks like a 318 that's trying too hard to be a M3 to me.

Standard FTW.

Bet it's drives nice though.

even better for when i smoke cliosports off the line :rasp:

but nah i've done the whole standard thing and it's not really me, i prefer to be different, people that know bm's appreciate the mods, its a love hate thing with this one

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

my old man used to have an e30 evo sport which was just awesome but sadly got stolen before i had a lisence :(, i wasnt that impressed with the e46 m3's to be honest, i had a go in an smg one, didnt like the sound of the car but it was more refined then mine and smg 2 is brilliant. but for the price i'd take mine over a normal e46 m3 anyday - still not a bad car for a 21 year old uni student :eek:
Each to their own, I love the E46. As long as your happy, they are sriously rapid. Was a sorted one at bedford couple of years back, massively fast.