ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated pics of the car...

SG9 Forester STi
Well after the crash it's all sorted and IMO looking better than before! :) (Sorry in advance for poor quality pics)

It's gone from this:

Clio3.gif

To this....:S

crashpic.gif

And now, with new seats, facelift bumper, mats, more strippage and tow eye its looking much better. :cool:

carsetc244.gif

carsetc245.gif

carsetc247.gif

carsetc250.gif

carsetc253.gif

carsetc254.gif

carsetc258.gif

carsetc260.gif

carsetc263.gif

Plans are:

Swapping the EBC's for some Hi-Specs
Carbon Fibre Door Cards
OMP 3 point harnesses (in the cobra's seatbelts are so impractical)
OMP steering wheel
Considering a rear disc conversion
and a few other bits and pieces ;)

Vicky.

Ph 1 172
looks lovely...loving those smoke screen and machine gun stickers too. I remember reading about that crash in one of the locl meet threads! seemed like fun lol take it there was not much damage then as you recovered it?

SG9 Forester STi
looks lovely...loving those smoke screen and machine gun stickers too. I remember reading about that crash in one of the locl meet threads! seemed like fun lol take it there was not much damage then as you recovered it?

Haha yeah I love those stickers as well!

No not much had to replace the bonnet, front bumper, drivers side door, wing and headlight and full refurb on the turinis. Just glad to have it sorted and out the way :D

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
You're not wrong about it looking better now, seems the ditch was 'meant' to happen - just you could've done without the mud, I bet!?

SG9 Forester STi
Without wanting to sound like I'm patronising (given it wasnt that long ago you had your bump and you're a young driver) go steady with the rear stripped out, it makes the back end very mobile on the limit you don't want to be pulling it out of a field again anytime soon!

SG9 Forester STi
Without wanting to sound like I'm patronising (given it wasnt that long ago you had your bump and you're a young driver) go steady with the rear stripped out, it makes the back end very mobile on the limit you don't want to be pulling it out of a field again anytime soon!

Completely understand where you're coming from. But i've certainly learnt my lesson and as bad as it was at the time im a better driver for it and most definitely won't be making the same mistake again :)

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member

Especially if you have barely legal tyres at the rear and it's very wet. I almost ended up smashing into a gypsy caravan the other day, after a Forza-style tank slapper.

SG9 Forester STi
Looks better than ever!

Had to LOL a bit at that second pic tbh, that's a cracker.

I know, proper fail that. I can laugh and say oops when I look back at it now, because its all been sorted.

Cars looking awsome. How did you get it in the field? I don't remember seeing a thread about it?

Some drift action lmao :rasp:

Looks great.

I want a facelift bumper, they look so much better.

Without a doubt I was a bit unsure at first but when i saw it parked up at the sprayshop I knew it was a good choice.

Not fancy colour coding the bumper inserts, or would that be OTT?

In the colour it is I think the bumpers break it up so I'm going to leave it like that.

SG9 Forester STi
Deliberte or not? I had the pleasure of drifting unexpectedly in my 1.2, into a wall....

Not fun but you live and learn :approve:

Ah a wall! Mine was most definitely not intended, was just not prepared for a tight corner on a gravel covered road as well , it all said...clio says no.

Then I met the ditch.

But oh well you definitely learn from your mistakes.

SG9 Forester STi
Btw if anyone knows how difficult it is or the best way to go about the rear disc conversion then PM :approve:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Looks good! Nice to see the little adventure into the undergrowth didn't kill it! Back and better than ever :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
looking really well, better than it did before the ditch action!

dont suppose youd want to swap your strut brace from an amphasite omp one??

thinking of going for the stripped out back,

but scared about raising the ride height at the back lol
how did stripping yours raise it??
and is there anything noticable in performance?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good turn around, but for me the earlier bumper looks better as it flows into the headlight? Always loved the way the Rs's made it even more pronounced

Gaz

SG9 Forester STi
I like this!

Dont see many in this color! :)

Thanks, it's one of the reasons I like it so much!

dont suppose youd want to swap your strut brace from an amphasite omp one??

thinking of going for the stripped out back,

but scared about raising the ride height at the back lol
how did stripping yours raise it??
and is there anything noticable in performance?

Sorry Alex i like my little red strut brace lol :rasp: get them pretty cheap from Strutbracer iirc.

Raising the ride height lmao, isnt yours dragging itself along the road as it is!? lmao. I won't lie though, mine looked like a tractor but it was only on 30mm eibachs, but after the coilovers were fitted there were no issues.

Wouldnt really be able to comment on the performance side so much, i like the look loads though so it's more than worth it.

Go on get it stripped! :D

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I just seen this while looking through French Car Mag.

On this picture, what's that on the roof in the top left corner.
carsetc263.gif