ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded to a 182

Silver 182 Cup Packs
Hello All,

Saturday I picked up my 54 plate Sliver 182 fitted with both Cup packs. , I upgraded from a 1.4 Privileage.
In a word bloody hell, what a difference in performance.

Tourque Steer city, I feel twenty years younger driving her, only the balding head is a give away that I should know better at my age.
Can’t they bite back if your not prepared.

Not all good news. A bit of a bummer tonight the wife comes home looking all sheepish, two days into ownership and a kamakazee pigeon decides to fly into the front putting a friggin dent / crease in the bonnet.
Lets hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.

Glen

Attachments

• 1554782.jpg
    1554782.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 79

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats. From what i hear you'll find it's slow by next week :p
Those flying rats are vermin. Damn them all!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one . Glad your enjoyin the 182 . A Paintless dent removal company will probably be able to sort your dent out .

Clio 172 mk2
Nice choice although I'm sure most CS users will tell you the Clio range runs back to front (197 being the crappest and Mk1 172 being the best) lol

Enjoy the car:D

Silver 182 Cup Packs
Thanks for the welcome guys and gals.

After two days of driving it the other half now thinks I may want to consider a swap, so that she can have the Clio.

Think again Luv.....:race:

Da

Less
Welcome mate! :)
Oh and I upgraded from a 1.2 8v so I know what you mean about the difference! :eek:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks quite good mate!, looks quite low does it have different springs?

torque steer is pretty crazy when your not used to it isnt it?!

i hit a grouse at 100mph in my old 1.2 and ripped the splitter off and half of the bumper lol!

Silver 182 Cup Packs

Not that I'm aware of, more likely to be down to me being quite possibly a lot older than the average age on the forum and with this old age comes a "couple" of extra pounds.:)

Luckly for me, I haven't mentally matured with age.

LY V6 with Recaros
Good choice, sounds like a nice upgrade! Sorry about the pigeon damaging it though :(

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
glad u like it :)

regarding the performance upgrade- i came from a 1.3 ford ka and the 182 in my opinion isnt THAT much of a leap in performance, well..obviously it is in terms of figures but i don;t see the 182 as being that fast of a car. i kept getting told to take it easy when i first got it 2 months ago as it was a "big leap up", but it doesn't scare me in the slightest!

Clio MK 4
glad u like it :)

regarding the performance upgrade- i came from a 1.3 ford ka and the 182 in my opinion isnt THAT much of a leap in performance, well..obviously it is in terms of figures but i don;t see the 182 as being that fast of a car. i kept getting told to take it easy when i first got it 2 months ago as it was a "big leap up", but it doesn't scare me in the slightest!

I kinda know what you mean. I had 1.2 8v corsa and was expecting so much that it wasnt as fast as thought. Dont get me wrong its well faster but now im used to it i need more power!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
yeah exactly, i guess the 182 didnt have the wow factor for me as much when i first got it as i'd driven a few mk1 172's the year before so i knew what to expect, only... the 172 is MUCH more fun than the 182 and id much rather a mk1 172 if it was as new as the 182 lol

Not that I'm aware of, more likely to be down to me being quite possibly a lot older than the average age on the forum and with this old age comes a "couple" of extra pounds.:)

Luckly for me, I haven't mentally matured with age.

A kindred spirit in a similar car. Welcome to CS and the grin factor. Like yourself I have the trappings of lost youth but just love the stupid kick of driving this car. Will we ever grow up. Never!!!