ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP CHANGING REAR DISCS

hi, in the middle of chnaging the rear discs/pads on my ph2 172. bought a set of yozza discs with abs rings etc all fitted, got to the stage where i'm putting the new disc on and bolt carrier for pads back to caliper but it seems like the carrier wont go far enough over to line up with the holes in the caliper. like the disc isnt on far enough, pictures below show it. but its on as far as i can get it and nut is fully tight onto the hub. help!!! i'm confused.

caliper.jpg

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
You need to wind the piston back in.... you can lay a screw driver in the gap in the centre and turn it to wind it back, its because of the thickness of the new pads compared to what you had in there before....

already done that, the piston isnt touching the back of the new pad yet. the pad on the left hand side of the picture is hard up against the disc before it even got that far.

Clio Sport 182
wont the caliper slide forward ? or there is somethin stoppin the disc going nearer to the caliper i would remove the disc again and make sure there's nothin stooping it going forward !!! did you just use 1 circlip when you pushed the bearing in ? also check to see if there isn't 2 spacers on the rear of the discs as the new set up might have them on ???

just had another read of fubars guide and it could be that the notch on the pad isnt lined up with the notch / cut out on the carrier. didnt have to fit bearings circlips etc as they came from yozza pre fitted.

give it another go after f1 qualifying i think.

done it now, there was an additional spacer thing that was stopping the disc from sitting properly onto the hub. took it for a test drive and all is good. old pads literally had no material left on them...whoops. thanks for your help guys.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Good work.... You just saved yourself a few hundred quid doing it yourself instead of taking it to the hallowed Renault! ;)

Clio Sport 182
wont the caliper slide forward ? or there is somethin stoppin the disc going nearer to the caliper i would remove the disc again and make sure there's nothin stooping it going forward !!! did you just use 1 circlip when you pushed the bearing in ? also check to see if there isn't 2 spacers on the rear of the discs as the new set up might have them on ???

ha ha good guess !! !! !

Clio Sport 182
whats it matter it spaced it away from the calpier and the bearing away from the back plate its just different name terms used as long as the guy knew what we was on about its solved his problem

172 Cup
Sorry to post yet again about bloody rear brakes.... but I've got the same bloody issue?

What is the spacer thing? My cup was missing the spacer between the stub axle and disc / bearing. So I got a couple of these today and put them in today.

I've wound piston right in and nothing is stopping it from what I can see???

Its raging me, and wish I would've just paid a few hundred to get it done in garage as its shite to work on :(

Please help, as Im beginning to hate my cup after 2 weeks of owning?

Note: Im not a total noob, i've stripped a starlet turbo, fitted gear boxes, turbos, driveshafts etc. But this is a nightmare :*(

172 Cup
^^^ I'm a **** dont worry ;)

For your lol's I was pulling the wrong thing foward!!! LOL

Still raged though as no car till weekend now

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the spacers must be there, i cost arnold clark a fortune fixing a car i bought from them when they didnt fit one of the spacers on one side doing rear discs, ended up getting new discs, pads, stub axel, wheel bolts as it destroyed them!

as for the original image, pull the caliper carrier towards you and it will line up ;)

172 Cup
lol thanks all, I was pulling the rear hub bit that doesnt move!!

Embarassed some what I am, good and bad news: the other side didnt have a spacer (booooo), but wasnt welded on (yay) :)