ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed. 172 cup won't start :(

Clio 172 cup
So, got in my 172 cup last night, put the key in the ignition to start the car as normal, turned over for 3 seconds and then just stopped, I then notice the immobiliser light is still lit red and solid. Great.

Done a search on here and tried everything suggested but still the red immobiliser light wont go out.

So far i have
: checked all fuses
: recharged the battery
: put a new battery in the keyfob
: checked the earth to the battery
: done every ignition on/off , locking doors on/off trick

I have read on here that it could be a faulty decoder ring but usually this is needed with a constant flashing red immobiliser light, not a solid one.

Where should i go from here and what else can i try??

Any help but be so appreciated

James

Clio 172 cup
Disconnected the battery last night and put it on charge through out the night.Connected the battery back up this morning and still the immobiliser light wont go out

Clio 172 cup
Can i try any decoder ring from an other 172 or does the ecu, uch, decoder ring and keys all have to match??

1.6 clio mk2 ph2
just sorted the exact same problem with mine. Was one of two wires running from uch to ecu. Im just about to go out for the night so will be back on tomorrow to give you details if you like.

1.6 clio mk2 ph2
on mine the two wires are 57 on the ecu to 19 on the uch and 27 on the ecu to 20 on the uch. One should be white the other should be violet. check the continuity with a multimeter. i had a break in one so i just spliced on and ran a fresh wire throw easier than trying to find the break. If your unpluging the ecu and uch and things make sure you disconnect the battery first.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
Thanks Jimmy, mines a different engine to yours but i can imagine they all have a similar set up

just found this on mine, looks like the ecu case has been rubbing through the armoured sleeve in the ecu wiring!! or not till I have a proper look

e8cd9384.jpg
Reply Reply With Quote

1.6 clio mk2 ph2
yeah that seems a very common fault. someone had been nice enough to f**k that casing off mine before i bought the car. good luck sorting it out. i now know what a pain finding that fault is