ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

useless renault

BMW 335d

finally got my car back yesterday after 3 weeks. after getting them to polish out scratches on it that werent there when i took it in got home last night to find number plate light didnt work and theyve only put 2 bolts in to hold the bumper on! not impressed

Ziel Nurburgring

if you were a member you could have posted this in the correct area. Send off the cash soon and support the cause

BMW 335d

took car back again yesterday bcos handbrake light and stop light kept flashing. they hadnt put the cap back on my brake fluid so the sensor on the end of the cap kept hitting the back of the engine making the light flash. Also all the brake fluid had spilt out all over the back of exhaust manifold so when it got hot there was loads of smoke coming from under bonnet. So to some it up they gave me back a car with no brake fluid, dangerous??

nevr mind have a go at the dealers, id b onto trading standards,watchdog etc, and really throw the cat among the pidgeons!:mad:

172 FF

Im having second thoughts about taking mine back in next week now :confused:
Got it booked in at Leeds.

I took it in today for someone to have a test drive with me so I explain about the 4k rattle. The dude said its probably the heatshield. & I told him its something to do with the centre section, but he wasnt listening.

Is there anything in writing about the 4k rattle?
I thought there would have been if a lot of 172s have it.

Just that theyve had a look at the heatshield once & couldnt find anything.
I dont want the numpties to bodge something up under the car where I wont be able to see it.

[Edited by NIN-172 on 20 May 2004 at 11:29pm]

H22A7 Accord Type R

HAHAHAHA RENO LEEDS!!!! Their service dept. is sh*tE!!!!!!!!!! My car came out with a red mark on the bumper once, was told to take it back the next day. i polished it out myself. Aint been back since the woman with red hair upset me!!! GRRRRRRRRR go to Dixons in Huddersfield mate, they are better, and i even have them re-doing something Leeds done wrong (fit and seal an oil sump) :devilish:

Megane225FF

please dont go to hudds, itll come out with scratches and dents that werent there before. They make stories up to keep youre car in longer!!

bad. bad. bad.

172 FF

Quote: Originally posted by Black Fox on 21 May 2004

The 4000k rattle is usually the front silencer rattling internally.

is it?

now Im well confused. Does anyone have hard evidence of what causes it & what fixes it?
Or Im just taking the car down to useless renualt so they can thrash it round, put it on the ramps, hit hit with a hammer & give me it back.

H22A7 Accord Type R

thedoc - so far so good for mine, Leeds scratched mine, hudds have been good with it, plus you can watch the guys there. Once they get this sump sorted - hopfully that will be me done n dusted! In-fact, i might go moan at them for not ringing me regarding when they gonna do my sump!

I have heard mixed views regarding renault leeds. They appear to be ok in selling you the car but when it comes to repairing it, people have had to take it back time after time cos they didnt do the job properly in the first place. Take it to another reno next time.

Renault Laguna Sports

NIN-172, weve had 3 172s in at work this week all with 4k rattle, new front silencer sorted it each time.

172 FF

Quote: Originally posted by Black Fox on 22 May 2004

NIN-172, weve had 3 172s in at work this week all with 4k rattle, new front silencer sorted it each time.
Do you work at a Renault dealers? And where are you based? anywhere near Leeds?

[Edited by NIN-172 on 22 May 2004 at 5:40pm]