ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Brakes on 172

Is it possible???

I want a brake upgrade and rather than going for the K-Tec kit, I thought about this today as another option?? Has anyone done it?

Does anyone here know if the V6 brakes are 4 pot, also the size of the discs, front and rears??

N8

The brakes may fit,but it wont be quick or easy. The v6 has ap racing four pot callipers I believe, probable with 330mm discs.

First off the V6 has a five stud arrangement, so the disc will not fit straight on to a 172 hub. Im not sure, but if the V6 uses a two piece disc (separate mounting bell) you should be able to buy a new mounting bell with the correct fitting. If it uses a one-piece disc you would need completely different ones.

I doubt the v6 uses the same front uprights as the 172. If the callipers are radilaly mounted you will need new mounting brackets machined to fit the callipers to the 172. Disc offset may also be a problem if different uprights are used.

If you are interested I can send you pictures of correct mounting brackets to fit standard brembo or ap racing callipers to a 172. I can also tell you exactly what dimension brake bell is needed. If enough people think it is usful I can produce CAD drawings or the parts (to fit 305mm discs or larger if required).

do you want the brake upgrade or do you need it. Depending on the answer, there are cheap solutions and there are expensive ones!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

v6 brakes wont fit go for a brake upgrade by somebody else.im sure people on here will have recommendations.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

do a search or start a post asking about which upgrade brake kits people recommend if i was you as i have no idea which kits best.also depends on what you use the vehicle for as some brake kits only work well when their hot which you wouldnt achieve on normal road use.