ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Induction kit, acoustic valve, oil breather question

BG 182 FF
So I've been offered a JMS espace V6 air box for my 182, that comes with a 90 degree bend. What happens with the oil breather? Also does the acoustic valve have to be removed? (I'm not even sure what the said "valve" is)

I have done a search but most of the pictures of the set ups have expired as they're quite old.

I've currently got a yozza sport and an RSTuner map so was hoping to squeeze any tiny amount of power out of it I can without spending mega money. Any info, advice or pictures of this set up would be brilliant. Cheers

172 cup, Impreza P1
Take the feed from the breather to a catch tank.

DSCF2317_zps3bc84e2d.jpg

BG 182 FF
That's an impressive engine bay! As that looks a lot different than mine I'm unsure what the catch tank is?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got the JMS V6 setup and the kit originally came with a small length of pipe and a Pipercorss oil breather.

pip_crankcase-filter.jpg

They're about a fiver, just take the breather pipe off the original elbow and shove a oil breather on the end,
you can cut it to a shorter length if you want, as for the acoustic valve,
mine's still connected but the hose that went from the airbox to the valve has been cut off at the valve end.

You don't need a catch tank.

BG 182 FF
That's sound info nice one, looks like ill need to buy a pipercross breather. Any pictures of yours set up Dave?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'm afraid not mate, I would take one for you right now but my DSLR is broken. :dapprove:

I'll see if I can find a pic the same setup in the 'Engine Bay' thread.

BG 182 FF
No worries! What exactly is the acoustic valve? Is there any down sides to removing it?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It's behind the passenger headlight and the wheel arch liner has to come off to get at it.

No real downsides apart from it being an arse to remove for no real gain,
removing the air feed at the valve is all you really need to do.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you can do, I just hated having to clean all the oil residue gunk off the throttle body a few times a year,
now I only clean it once a year.

BG 182 FF
Any pictures of yours big Dave?

If it helps keep the TB clean I may use the aftermarket elbow and a new breather. Are these breathers universal?

RX7 FD
Yea my acoustic valve is left in. But that airfeed is just braced by a bracket to pop some air around that area.

No direct feed to the V6 box.

Thanks Mike for the link.....god damn pirate.

** Don't listen to Mike there the feed isn't sat in the V6 hole **

Last edited:
  BG 182 FF
I think the general rule is standard air box with a panel filter, one of these V6 air boxes or K-Tecs own induction kit

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Joef - I had the same setup on mine. I kept the jms bend and v6 box as it should be, left the acoustic valve in (doesn't need to be removed as the v6 makes a nice sound but its personal reference) and i just got a pipercross breather filter from my local halfords and wedged that into my old breather pipe that i cut off the original 90 degree bend.

DSC_0005.gif

F8E6FCC1-716A-44CC-82A0-B8E04B1AACC1-4611-000006AAE9724385_zps53fb437b.gif

DSC_0015.gif

172 cup, Impreza P1
That's an impressive engine bay! As that looks a lot different than mine I'm unsure what the catch tank is?

The catch tank is the square box with the two breathers to the top right of the pic. The problem with only a breather filter is that they can blind over with oil and block and then the engine has no breather and so can pop seals. You would need to change the filter regularly but if you had an issue it could go any time.

​Cch tanks are a very easy mod to install as you can see from mine.

BG 182 FF
It does say it won't fit the phase one round air box, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Any ideas?

GTxx + ph1 Clio 172
where are all you chaps getting these from?
I have only managed to find one from a clio breaker on fleabay and they want 75nuggets for a 172 airbox with no filter and a missing clip. :S

I have an early ph1 172 and just want to get rid of the manky cone filter that the previous owner put on and return to a stock looking setup and quieten it down a little (either ph1 172 or espace v6 airbox would be lovely!)

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Do I have to follow to the end of a rainbow to find one? lol! :p

BG 182 FF
Keep your eyes peeled for them on the for sale section on here bud. Or find someone breaking an espace 2.9 V6 from the 90's