ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Question. *ANORAKS ONLY*

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Just thinking last night about keeping the V6 for many years. This led onto what condition the bodywork might be in, in say 15 years time, would rust be any major concern?

I know the bonnet is aluminium, front wings are plastic, and obviously bumpers, but what about inner wings, rear wings (Is this a standard 172/182 with the bodykit grafted on). I remember reading in Evo when the Mk1 V6 was still a prototype that Renault were looking at removing the original rear wings and grafting the V6 wings on to the rear column and under the rear side screens etc?

Doors and sills I know are standard items with moulded sections cast on top.

Id be interested to find out what materials are where on the car.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 22 April 2004

Wouldnt they have to cut the standard clio backend to fit the engine in ?
Thats what I was thinking. Ive seen a photo in the Photos section of the forum showing a V6 in its detail parts, and it doesnt have rear archs?

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 22 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 22 April 2004

Wouldnt they have to cut the standard clio backend to fit the engine in ?
Thats what I was thinking. Ive seen a photo in the Photos section of the forum showing a V6 in its detail parts, and it doesnt have rear archs?
Do you have the link?

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

It was called "Stripped Naked" or something like that.

It showed the bare shell and all the bodykit panels laid next to it. The shell had no rear arches, just what looks like inner arches.

I saw a burnt out mk1 v6 in a local scrapy (neary made me cry!:() From what i could see it seemed to be a standard clio shell with a massive hole where the engine goes in the back and where the normal rear archs would be, the inner metal arch is basicly a strip of metal that was attached to the body by L shape tags, id be worried about water getting in any of this area, it was only held on by about 4 of these L shape things and you can get new clios that come with free rust! if you can get spay wax anywhere on the inner arch and body it mite help?