ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

value for money?

Italian 3.2 V6
Make: RENAULT
Model: CLIO
Year: 2001
Price: £3,295
Color: METALLIC SILVER

"RENAULT Clio 2.0 16v Renaultsport 172, 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 2001 51 Reg, 48,000 miles, Metallic Silver. half leather/suede sports interior, alloy wheels, front fogs, pas, abs, climate control air-con, cruise control, cd player, electric windows, electric mirrors, remote central locking alarm, auto lights, auto wipers, headlamp washers, trip computer, rear head rest, multiple air-bags, fully hpi clear, a superb example throughout absolute bargain first to veiw will buy."

...PICTURES OF THE CAR LOOK IMACULATE, SEEMS LIKE A DEAL TO ME...

..WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its had a cambelt kit then it sounds quite cheap.

Not a bargain, but a good price.

320d
As daniel said cambelt is essential. I'd say it was a good price, i would buy one at this price aslong as bodywork was in good nick.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Haggled down to around £3k, it'd still be decent price even if it needed a cambelt wouldn't it? Another £500ish.

Providing all tyres are good and everything is working, I'd say its a good price. I'd throw an offer of £3k if all looks in check. Good price if cambelt is done.

It doesn't say anything about service history though.

Ph1
Its the gearbox / clutch and the belts that are the big expense. Rear disks are also a fair whack.

Id be doing the belt straight away if i was you as you dont have any proof of it being done without the history. (based on age not mileage) so really you'd be talking 3.5k at the very least which works out pretty dear and for a car with no history either

Italian 3.2 V6
true true, will check it out tommorrow.. cambelt, service history and tyres :) impressed with the price tbh, thanks guys!

Ph1
true true, will check it out tommorrow.. cambelt, service history and tyres :) impressed with the price tbh, thanks guys!

You can pick them up for as little as 1500 now you know ;)

Is it a local car mate? Im only 36 miles off Carlisle

Stagecoach Ticket
You can get a much better deal than that mate iam sure so many people selling up nice cars cheap atm.

My freind is selling his 2003 "52" black 172 mint condition 2 owners from new 20,000 100% standard £3.500 due to his loan repayments on his work van etc getting on top of him. so have a look around iam sure you could get cheaper if u can wait abit

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its the gearbox / clutch and the belts that are the big expense. Rear disks are also a fair whack.

Id be doing the belt straight away if i was you as you dont have any proof of it being done without the history. (based on age not mileage) so really you'd be talking 3.5k at the very least which works out pretty dear and for a car with no history either

Rear discs expensive?

Why do people say this?

I got the rear solid discs (and pads) for £35 from euro car parts

Italian 3.2 V6
I wouldn't want to go to cheap as I'm affraid the 172 will £uck up on me or just be a dog, so I want to make sure I get a good, well looked after example..

TTRS & V50
How prices have changed, 6 months ago you were lucky to get this for 4k.

I'd haggle down to 3k, then book yourself in at angelworks for a cambelt & aux belt, bout 400 mark.

Italian 3.2 V6
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
what about this one, i spoke to the guy today aswell, got him down to 3000.. does this look a better example?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...&model=CLIO&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=60000
he says everything is in gr8 working order, bodywork,interior, engine and it runs gr8,
the only thing was the front tyres need replacing..

You'll never be able to tell if its mint from pics, can only tell no major panel issues. I've seen plenty that look good in the pics and was appalled when I went for the viewing, what a waste of time.

I actually inquired into the above car, its not a dealer, its just he is classed as a trader as he sells more than 6 cars a year on autotrader.

media?id=816794864.gif

And that's a scuff on the rear quarter panel. I wasn't so convinced by the guy and because I wanted to buy from a dealer, I didn't bother treking up to see it.

My hunch is its an import, so would need an alarm fitted for better safety IMO and maybe for insurance to be UK spec. Nothing wrong with an import BTW, I ended up buying one.