ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Value of a trick 172

Due to now doing 80 miles a day for work I may have to sell my beloved 172 :(
50,000 miles 17 inch super turismos, Koni top adjustables, eibach sportlines, longlife exhaust, itg panel filter, remapped ecu, awesome wp pro 6 pots and 336 mm disks, clarion music catcher cd/mp3 player, etc etc!!!
The car is in excellent condition for the age both inside and out, I will be gutted to see it go. Would value the oppinions of everyone on here as to its value as there is approx 3 grands worth of extras on it. Anyone interested?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
DPA68 said:
Due to now doing 80 miles a day for work I may have to sell my beloved 172 :(
50,000 miles 17 inch super turismos, Koni top adjustables, eibach sportlines, longlife exhaust, itg panel filter, remapped ecu, awesome wp pro 6 pots and 336 mm disks, clarion music catcher cd/mp3 player, etc etc!!!
The car is in excellent condition for the age both inside and out, I will be gutted to see it go. Would value the oppinions of everyone on here as to its value as there is approx 3 grands worth of extras on it. Anyone interested?

Pics needed.....

Clio 172 mk2
Agree

Your more likely to get a sale as well if you return the car to standard.

Parts definately better sold separately:)

Those modifications sound very good but they won't add much to the value unless you find a realy dedicated person. Much better getting the uprated bits off and swopping for standard.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:
Those modifications sound very good but they won't add much to the value unless you find a realy dedicated person. Much better getting the uprated bits off and swopping for standard.

Agreed

Thanks for your views. Might consider taking some of the bits off. Wheels, exhaust, and eibachs have to stay as nowt to replace them with. Has anyone got a value in mind for the car though as they seem to between 6 and 7 grand in the auto trader?

Cheers.

Why do you need to sell it just cause you are doing more miles?

I've never understood that? Wouldnt you rather do the miles in the car you enjoy driving? Instead of selling it and getting some s**t heap just cause you dont want to put miles on the clio.

Its only a Clio FFS, not like its a collecters car or anything which is going to get more valuable with age is it. Just keep it and stick the miles on it.

SLK 350
Id prefer a more comfortable quiet and touring style car if i was doing that milage daily. Something made for clocking miles on it like an Omega or even a Laguna.

If it happens its being replaced with a seat cupra 150 diesel, and a revo remap. :)
Still got the performance and 55 mpg. Gonna have to slow down for roundabouts in it though, id forgotten what understeer was like!! Any takers on a fair price to advertise it at?

I'd have said around £5700 - £6200. As said above, the mods won't really help you get any more money for it unless it goes to an enthusiast