ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver wonders over road!

Clio 16v turbo
hi guys. got a bit of a problem in with my valver. there is a knock coming from the front passenger side and the steering wheel goes out of line sometimes, then back in line. (wierd). Also it wonders over the road and realy bad torque steer! My PAS pump went so i replaced that and then a PAS pipe burst so i did away with the PAS but kept the power rack. With the car jackd up there isnt realy any side to side or up and down play in the road wheels. When the cars on the floor stationary there is loads of play in the steering wheel, in a turning motion.
Are the manual racks interchangable with the power racks? And steering coloums? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Have you packed the PAS pump with grease? If not then soon Mr Pump go bye bye...

I reckon you've got a fooked steering column. You need to weld the joint at the bottom (there's a pic if you search on williamsclio) or get a replacement PAS one. Manual ones are different to PAS ones I believe therefore you can't straight swap them.

Cool :)

I wasn't aware you could keep the power rack and not convert to manual column though - you need to check on WC for better techy advice than mine! :eek:

ValverInBits
I am going to buy a valver and run a manual rack. Really want to know if I can keep the PAS column, could you let me know if you get an answer from WC.

Also need to know if the 1.2 manual rack and rod ends will work with williams wide track. cheers for any help anyone can give :)

I didn't think you could just drain the rack as surely you need the lubrication from the PAS set up? Hence my original answer.

The 1.2 rack will work fine iirc but be aware that it's 100000000 turns lock to lock lol

The Cup rack is non-PAS and higher-geared so has less turns but they're rocking horse apparently.

But WC is the place for mechanical help! I'm useless! :eek: lol

Clio 16v turbo
Ill let you know the outcome.
PAS rack wont work with manual colum and vise versa. The manual coloum is longer and pas is shorter.
So manual rack(£65) and manual coloum(£35) should fix me cleese!!
Pretty certain the man rack will fit a williams, you just wind the tie rods out to compensate. Cheers fellas x x x