ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Velcro + number plates.. issues ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I know a few people use velcro to stick the plates on .. just wondering for peace of mind if anyone has ever had issues like them falling off, or being stolen ?

Obviously a passer by can't tell if a plate is stuck on with superglue, or something less permanent but I'm a little worried TBH :S

Considering a private plate for the new bus, and some showplates for a giggle too. Also when cleaning, it makes life much easier to whip them off and scrub the paintwork !

Thoughts, comments, suggestions ?

Thanks...

/TEG

I've never had any issues, they make it look a lot cleaner for photos too.

If they get nicked, they get nicked.

Vectra GSI
Also try not to let your mates know that they are velcro'd on, I got pulled for having my rear plate on upside down, my own fault for not checking it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fair enough chaps... I suppose if someone's going to nick it for petrol theft/bank robbery, a personal plate is a bit less generic and won't blend into the background so much.

Also try not to let your mates know that they are velcro'd on, I got pulled for having my rear plate on upside down, my own fault for not checking it.

HA !

If someone's gonna nick your plates, they'll do it no matter what it's held on by. I've had no problems apart from a select few thinking it's funny to turn them upside down EVERY TIME I see them.