ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vented Discs on a Mk1 RT

So may have been asked before but I cant find it!

Right the brakes on me RT are terrible, since I only just got it I thought they were just worn but had a look and theyre fine. Would it be possible for me to get the calipers off a 16V/RSi/Williams and whack them on with vented discs? Wasnt sure with them having wide arches?

you can swap your calipers etc for valver brakes. youll need different bolts though.

why not just buy an uprated set of discs and pads for yours?

I did the 16v/Williams Brake conversion - the difference is incredible. Well worth it.. cost about £106 with brand new discs and pads.. (£40 for the calipers and everything.. £66 for the new discs/pads)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Daz, did you need to use different bolts or spacers to attach the calipers or did they go straight on?

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont jus buy uprated RT brakes there still sh*te

get some 16v discs, pads and calipers and the bolts u can get from Renault

even standard 16v stuff is better than top spec uprated RT stuff

The RT will only have 1 pots! As Brun says uprated pads and discs will make naff all difference..you need more pistons and so bigger pads for a bigger contact patch.

-Rob