ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very bad/unstable signal on my radio..

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Basically it is very difficult to tune any stations in and when you finally do get a "fix" on a frequency it just goes on and off as you drive. Very annoying, I don't like listening to CD's constantly.

Any ideas?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ariel base is a common fault on mk2 Clio's.

tw4t of a job to do, but easy enough.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you mean its a faulty part of just needs tightening?

Faulty. I've done a couple of them. They're not that expensive. Infact i'm sure someone on here who's breaking one or turned their car into a 'track car' will donate you one??

Might have to go and make some removal tools with wire if I want to find out.

I thought you were a sparky? Use two small thin screw drivers.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Faulty. I've done a couple of them. They're not that expensive. Infact i'm sure someone on here who's breaking one or turned their car into a 'track car' will donate you one??

I thought you were a sparky? Use two small thin screw drivers.

What is there to go wrong with them? Surely they are just a connection? :S

I am indeed a sparky, but I don't have any drivers small enough for those holes in the H/U. bit of bent over wire will do the trick nicely though!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
open the tailgate, pull the boot seal off, unclip the drivers side plastics, pull the headlining down slightly and you'll be able to see it.

If you're any good at being a sparky you'll fix it yourself. ;)