ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vid: VW Golf GTI W12 - 1st real test drive

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
beast of a car :evil: :race:

i want one sooooo bad it hurts!

shame about the journalist doing the vid, had about as much charisma as a fart in a wetsuit! :rolleyes:

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Mental!

Kinda puts the Clio V6 to shame.... :quiet:

was thinking that, its everything the V6 should of been.

when i heard the ph quick was faster than a mk1 v6, i knew it was gonna be abit limp wristed.

the V6 should of had a serious amount of power. oh well left the door open and VW walked straight in.

i thought when i first saw it, it was gonna be the w12 from the Veyron, now that would be interesting!!

nice wheels.

Ok so the vee should have had more power to back up it's looks & all that - they cost 27k new - from what i've read that golf will cost about three times as much.

So it's not really fair to compare the two really.

B

Brown.

Mental!

Good point ^^^ there are some things on this that should have been done to the vee, rear window air scoops, open to air engine bay-sexxed up abit, instead of boring covers.... twin turbos ;)....... the glass roof looks good too how it flows from the windscreen up ... very well spotted

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
cant wait to see the w12 reps that will turn up in a few years. hope they are better than the V6 ones!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Ok so the vee should have had more power to back up it's looks & all that - they cost 27k new - from what i've read that golf will cost about three times as much.

So it's not really fair to compare the two really.

i dont think they cost should be a issue, you should be getting novilty and paying for it too.

normal car made mad, crazy styling, big engine, big price tag, keeps them rare and out of the reach of us normal people.

the v6 IMO tried to hard to be practical and affordable....f**k THAT

MKIII 138

no it doesnt, its not even in the same league a £150,000 Dev car in a hatch back vs a supermini with rwd and a 3.0v6 costing £27k that renault actually had the balls to bring out.

was thinking that, its everything the V6 should of been.

WHAT ? a V12 lol :D, a hatchback lol :D, 4wd ? lol :D, an automatic lol :D

when i heard the ph quick was faster than a mk1 v6, i knew it was gonna be abit limp wristed.

sure rwd 230bhp is really slow. i can see you chuckling to yourself about how the mug in the v6 was not quite as quick as he thought. as you pootled about in your £4k way past its sell by date phs1 with peeling steering wheel that looks like a 1.2 that knowone not even the initiated even is interested in not to mention and has most probably only got around 165-168bhp

not that it:

Looks awesome,
Sounds awesome,
goes quick,
launches properly without some cheesy wheel banging all FWD renos get (embarassing when people ask why it does it)
no torque steer,
classic shape remembered for generations and known by everyone

did i mention the HUGE amount of attention it gathers for the better.

the V6 should of had a serious amount of power. oh well left the door open and VW walked straight in.

yes back in 2003 a renault should have had 600bhp from a 3.0v6 ? 500bhp from a 3.0v6 ?

MKII with 255bhp the most any production SUPERMINI has ever had !! and certainly not shy only beaten just now with Mazda Mps and (by 2bhp) and new audi S3 which cost more and is dull.

155mph, 0-60 in 5.8 secs.

Oh and as for letting VW walk straight in ? how, it isnt made yet for production, there is ample room for these type of cars in the niche market..

answer me this ? how will they steal a now discontinued V6`s sales by introducing a 600bhp V12 engine ! who the hell will buy this ? at the rate of running costs you may aswell get a noble, TVR, porsche

yes.. Renault really dropped the ball on this one, the fact that the clio still looks better than that 'Golf'

i thought when i first saw it, it was gonna be the w12 from the Veyron, now that would be interesting!!

sure 600bhp twin turbo v12 is utter pants, so slow, its really disapointing they didnt release a 1000bhp golf ?!?!?

are you mental.

the comparison to this and a V6 is just daft, its just another way of the £4k heros in there MKI MKII 172`s to jelously poke fun at a car you couldnt justify yourselfs and will probably never own now.

funnily i never see 1.2 / 1.4 owners say these comments about the V6 ? maybe there not suspended in some belife that their 172 is the pinicle of all renaultsports.

or maybe there head is not up there own cheap ass

Renaultsport Clio 197
I don't like the alloys...
and why so much tire squeel? this car is not meant to go around corners.
Love the exhaust note though!

but that guy has got to be the worst journalist I have ever seen !
I bet you that video would be a 1000 times more exciting if it was Jeremy or Tiff or Viki driving the car and doing the talking!

he could make any car seem boring!