ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viewing A Ph-Quick - URGENT ADVICE

Please could you give me the good/bad points when looking @ these.

The one I am going to see is:

2000 X
Titanium silver,
1 owner from new.
Serviced by Mark Fish Motorsport.
Recent cam belt,tensioner,pulleys and alternator belt change.
No modifications.
Very clean car in excellent condition.
All bills and MOT's,with a comprehensive service history.

26,000k MILES
£5,100 (I will haggle the price of course)

I dont have the pictures of it. I have not seen it yet either to give my opinion, but I will hopefully get time today to view it.
icon10.gif

If I am happy with the condition of it and I really like it then I will buy it.

Please tell me your thoughts??

btw: Would it be the lowest mileage PH-QUICK on CS? :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
knocking from suspension when you floor it in first don't know if its common but mine does it. just general things like the vin plates all match and all the paper work is there. make sure you get to drive it and make sure it doesn't over heat or chuck out smoke. thats all i can think off. shouldn't have problems if its well maintained

knocking from suspension when you floor it in first don't know if its common but mine does it. just general things like the vin plates all match and all the paper work is there. make sure you get to drive it and make sure it doesn't over heat or chuck out smoke. thats all i can think off. shouldn't have problems if its well maintained

thats a fault with your car, easily fixed by moving the O/S engine mount forward on its bracket.

Check that the exhaust isnt blowing. Also check little things like if its got the rare aluminium bonnet or shift light.
Spare wheel should be a full alloy OZ F1 cup, check that the car has an alarm... if it hasnt it will be an import.
Check steering wheel condition, most fall apart but with that mileage it should be ok.

Engine mounts are a common weakness on the cars, so get under the bonnet and give the engine a good hard shake to check for any play. Another sign on worn mounts is its hard to put into 1st gear, meaning the gearbox mount is worn.

apart from that, check normal wear and tear parts such as brake pads/discs, tyres, oil etc...

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
You'll look like a tit, but use and try out everything on the car, and anything that doesnt work, use as a bargaining tool to lower the price.

thanx guys thats some great advice. you know i will print this out and take it with me. lol

christopher advised me to also check if the gears change in 1st and 3rd easy and if they dont, then it means the gears could have been abused.

anymore advice??

Has anyone got a list of options and features i expect to find in this ph-quick??

this is so that the seller dont try it on, with fancy talk about the cd changer for example.. :D

ahhh i found it. thanx alex

Phase 1 172

The first Mk2 2.0 litre cars were on a 2000 W plate there aren’t many though many were demonstration or car used as journalists test cars.

The Spec was as below

F4R 730 engine although there are some cars with a different code number (they are all the same power wise and there all F4R in the 172/182 range)
172 DIN HP (which is different than a UK HP, in UK HP it would be 166.6) throttle by wire cable engine
Sports body kit
ABS
Normal headlights (Zeons were never fitted even to foreign cars aftermarket kits are available though
They came in
Yellow (very rare)
Black (again quite rare)
Odyssey Blue
Mars red
Two shades of silver Titanian and icebear silver
Some cars have aluminium bonnet leading to the cars weight a few Kg's less.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Check the history all lines up.

With that mileage it is possible it could have been clocked. On a clio this is a 10minute procedure!

Check the history all lines up.

With that mileage it is possible it could have been clocked. On a clio this is a 10minute procedure!

thats one thing that would worry me about low mileage cars, being clocked etc etc.

hopefully this is as good as it stats it is

HPI it just to be safe too, and I would take the spare wheel out and look for any creases in the spare wheel well to see if its been rear ended.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6

2000 X
Titanium silver,
1 owner from new.
No modifications.

26,000k MILES

I dont have the pictures of it. I have not seen it yet either to give my opinion, but I will hopefully get time today to view it.
icon10.gif

i thought i had the lowest mileage ph-quick on cs:( mines just gone pass 30,000 last week.

2000 X
Titanium silver,
1 owner from new.
No modifications.

26,000k MILES

icon10.gif

i thought i had the lowest mileage ph-quick on cs:( mines just gone pass 30,000 last week.

lol... im going to view the car in 30mins.
any last minute advice...
hey if i get it.. wanna do a little fotoshoot. :D

Breaking A 172 Replica
Just remember there is alot of other RS's on the market.

If it isn't prefect try your very best not to fall in love with it!

^^ i will try not to fall in love... i am going in reserved..

i feel like im going on a mission for cliosport.net.. lol

come on!!!!! ahhhhhhh lol

Yeah don't buy the first one you see, its a buyers market, negotiate!

I'm unlucky when it comes to that, every car I pick is minty mint! lol I always think hmm should I have bought the first car I looked at lol.

Have done it 3 times, all 3 times the cars been faultless though.

Yeah don't buy the first one you see, its a buyers market, negotiate!

I'm unlucky when it comes to that, every car I pick is minty mint! lol I always think hmm should I have bought the first car I looked at lol.

Have done it 3 times, all 3 times the cars been faultless though.

Im a nightmare I always buy the first one I see, not just cars either, usually get a cracking deal though :approve:

Chocolate Bar™
quick bit of advice is, low mileage isnt always good mileage. Could be ragged around town something shocking. Sounds like a good un though tbh.

I woulnd't buy a car with that sort of low milage its way to low realy.

I'm sure there a lower milage one though 10k or so.