ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper + remap for 1.6 16v?

Mazda MX5 1.8
ook a little advice needed.

at the moment i have a ktec ramcharger which i dont really like the noise and the fit is terrible. i have been looking at piperx viper kits on 2modified and seem pretty good for the £199 hes askin for them.

so the old question - shall i??

also with regards to a remap. should i go custom or should i go "off the shelf"?
if so has anyone had their 1.6 remapped & from where? or should i go down the whole GDI/AWT custom jobby?

Custom is the only way to go Drop yozzasport a message though they have a place who can remap standard ECU's for £350 or try Chipwizards they do them for the same price.
remap isn't worth it if thats the only modification you have unless you have that plus a full decat and exhaust I wouldn't bother even then its not realy worth it IMO.

Mazda MX5 1.8
ok cool cheers :)

might drop benr a pm to get a breakdown of how much cams,remap and a little something special will cost

anyone got an opinion on the viper?

Monaro VXR
If your thinking of going the whole hog cams etc might just be worth selling the 1.6 and getting a 1*2 probably save you money anyways.

clio__chris said:
ok cool cheers :)

might drop benr a pm to get a breakdown of how much cams,remap and a little something special will cost

anyone got an opinion on the viper?
Thats a fair bit of Money what about a 172 transplant its not that much more plus you get the brakes and suspension?
Vipers about the best there is but its pricy.

AstraVan Sportive
Chris, Viper prices are back upto £250 next week, Pipercross are stopping retailers from discounting them, Just an advanced warning.

We have sold plenty of BMCs and Vipers to users on here and havent heard anything bad

Great looking piece of kit, lovely noise and a performance bonus as well :D