ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin existing customer deals?

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Screenshot_2021-02-15-19-25-59-51_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Called Virgin, best they can offer is £74.00 for;

Bigger bundle which is full house TV, 100 internet and phone which we do not use.

Told them to cancel it. A new customer gets a far better deal but apperently that's no sustainable..lol

Last edited:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Is anyone else having shocking VM upload speeds?

I'm on M200, and get ~220Mbps download, but only 1.5-2.5Mbps on upload. I used to get 20Mbps.

Cancelled yesterday and got my call today:

£37 for M500 broadband without SIM
£41 for M500 and 15Gb SIM
£31 for M350 without SIM
£35 for M350 and 15Gb SIM

Seat Ibiza FR
Had a letter come today from Toob to say their full fibre broadband is available where I live, 900mbps upload and download speeds, total overkill for me but it's £25 a month for 18 months. I'm currently paying £39 for M100 from Virgin, worth phoning them up and see how close they can get to £25?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I cancelled on Friday, had my call yesterday.

£22 for MI100, down from £55 MI200.

Now they just need to sort out the throttling on the upload:

1615281575552.png

Clio 172 Cup
Phoned them up just now - on M100 and been paying £47 for ages (laziness)

Best they would do was £29 with the "agents personal discount code" - but inspired by the above I want at least half, so its cancelled. See if I get a call!

They also tried a scare tactic regarding other suppliers not installing equipment so I would be stuck without broadband, which I found a bit cheeky

BMW E63 and an E36
We just went from the 200mpbs internet with phone calls, to the 500mbps, phone calls, 360 tv with sport, and a £35 credit (to offset the "connection charges") for £68 a month.

Clio 172 Cup
Got a retention phone call yesterday, offered me £23 instead of £47 first time for my M100 - nice to see they can be sensible.

340i
Recently moved house and the ADSL service is crap - 27Mbps download / 7Mbps upload, not cutting it for two home workers.

I had a chat with Sky, who where great - They agreed to bypass the early cancellation fee based on the service reduction compared to our old property (2/3 slower!).

I ordered the M350 package yesterday (Speed is overkill, but only £6pm more over M100)... Got a decent deal with Virgin £34 per month, no set-up free, £50 Amazon voucher, 18 month contract.

How are you finding Virgin fibre? I've read a lot of reliability horror stories online... But assuming that's morons who stick the router behind a fridge and complain the Wi-Fi doesn't work in their garden, 50M away.

I'll come back here to complain in 18months when they're charging £5000 for the same service :)

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Recently moved house and the ADSL service is crap - 27Mbps download / 7Mbps upload, not cutting it for two home workers.

I had a chat with Sky, who where great - They agreed to bypass the early cancellation fee based on the service reduction compared to our old property (2/3 slower!).

I ordered the M350 package yesterday (Speed is overkill, but only £6pm more over M100)... Got a decent deal with Virgin £34 per month, no set-up free, £50 Amazon voucher, 18 month contract.

How are you finding Virgin fibre? I've read a lot of reliability horror stories online... But assuming that's morons who stick the router behind a fridge and complain the Wi-Fi doesn't work in their garden, 50M away.

I'll come back here to complain in 18months when they're charging £5000 for the same service :)
The v3 box is utter turd. I mean really turd. Make sure you get the v4 router.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

My upload speed recently has been 1-3Mbps on MI200 between 0900 and 1900, every week day. Useless for video conferencing in anything more than VGA.

But, "they're not traffic shaping".

One decent engineer visit later: "Oh your cab is ancient, they'll be heavily traffic shaping through it."

Marvellous.

340i
My upload speed recently has been 1-3Mbps on MI200 between 0900 and 1900, every week day. Useless for video conferencing in anything more than VGA.

But, "they're not traffic shaping".

One decent engineer visit later: "Oh your cab is ancient, they'll be heavily traffic shaping through it."

Marvellous.

Eurgh, that's my worry... The BT infrastructure is old around here, but Virgin was only installed 8 months ago.

I am on Webex meetings throughout the day, just the voice has been hit and miss this week.

The Wife is also doing video conferencing, which has been temperamental - "You work in IT, just make it better" [emoji849]

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
It took many many many phonecalls to get an engineer out.

Every call was rebuffed with "we don't guarantee upload speed" or "there's nothing wrong with our network", despite 1-3Mbps being a long way shy of their 'worst case' 10Mbps, and even further shy of the 20Mbps I get between 1900 and 0859. It's piss poor. I eventually got somewhere by opening up a twitter spat. What's weird is that the downstream is always 220Mbps, regardless.

"Have you tried rebooting your router." :rolleyes:
"My house runs on Cat 6, and my VM router lives on modem mode."
"Oh."

Most users round here are elderly, and so simply don't notice. It's not a densely populated village either. When my daughter was video-calling for school, and I was on teams/etc it was awful. Not even the best QoS can circumvent a huge upstream throttle.

With 8 month old infra, you should be absolutely fine. If you have a local whatsapp group, ask politely for someone on VM to do a speedtest in the middle of the day.

340i
It took many many many phonecalls to get an engineer out.

Every call was rebuffed with "we don't guarantee upload speed" or "there's nothing wrong with our network", despite 1-3Mbps being a long way shy of their 'worst case' 10Mbps, and even further shy of the 20Mbps I get between 1900 and 0859. It's piss poor. I eventually got somewhere by opening up a twitter spat. What's weird is that the downstream is always 220Mbps, regardless.

"Have you tried rebooting your router." :rolleyes:
"My house runs on Cat 6, and my VM router lives on modem mode."
"Oh."

Most users round here are elderly, and so simply don't notice. It's not a densely populated village either. When my daughter was video-calling for school, and I was on teams/etc it was awful. Not even the best QoS can circumvent a huge upstream throttle.

With 8 month old infra, you should be absolutely fine. If you have a local whatsapp group, ask politely for someone on VM to do a speedtest in the middle of the day.

Similar story with Sky... I spent almost 2hrs bouncing around 'Broadband experts'... Mr. Gray your Internet connection is fine, you can stream HD movies with your connection, but try rebooting your router to see if that improves blah blah blah.

We live in a quiet village too, when walking around I've had the occasional snoop at broadcasted SSID's and haven't seen many Virgin ones (I know that isn't accurate), but the average age seems to be 50yrs old around here - I cannot image too many people using their own router or changing default SSID, ha.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not Virgin, but my Sky contract is coming to an end in just over a month, going up to near £90 a month. What are people paying for Sky TV packages at the moment? I was £52 a month in contract for UHD, Multiroom, Sky boxsets with Netflix, and Sky Cinema, which I thought was decent.

Just off the phone with them and the best they could offer was £64 a month so still £12 more than I'm paying just now, and the netflix subscription was only 2 devices at once, rather than 4, and not UHD either apparently. I'd like to be adding sports on tbh (or at least the F1 channel) but don't want to be paying stupid money.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've got £50 off Virgin when you sign up if that's any use to anyone?

T&C's - "your friend must take a Virgin Media TV, Broadband or Home Phone product and not have been an existing customer for at least 6 months"

Drop me a pm if you want some monies off

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Current broadband supplier is virgin and come out of contract the end of the month. Currently paying £39.50 a month for 200mb broadband and phone. They want to up it to £57.50. Give them a call, the first person offered £49 per month, put through to the “cancellation team” who offered £38 per month (£1.50 less than currently paying) but new customers are being offered £30per month with no installation costs. I’ve proceeded with the cancellation but what’s the chances of getting closer to the £30 per month? Appreciate it’s only a few pounds but I disagree out of principle that existing customers should be penalised.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
The deals / level of discount existing customers get appear to change every few days / weeks so you might find when the retentions team do call you they can offer you a better deal naturally. I have never gone to far into the cancelation until being offered a reasonable price.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
As an update. Got a call today from the “retention team”, they were able to offer the 300mb broadband for £34 a month. So saved money compared to what I was paying previously for a quicker download speed?!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
VM sales teams have been ringing em a few times a day over the past few weeks and I've been ignoring them.

Anyway today I took the call and they offered me the ultimate oomph bundle for £110 (same bundle available to new customers for £89).

The new price being offered of £110 is slightly more than what we are paying now 🤷‍♂️

However the new bundle does come with an upgrade to our broadband and a free unlimited sim (we are all on mobile contracts elsewhere) and they were going to throw in some voice controlled tv remotes...how nice.

Apparently we've been with them for over 15 years and our loyalty was being rewarded with the new tv remotes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

What's pissing me off more is that they want me to pay more than a new customer and not give me any new equipment (other than these stupid remotes and a sim that won't get used). I asked for a new router and they said they didn't have any in stock.

I told them I'll leave the contract renewal for the time being.

Wasn't there someone on here that works for them?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I’ve been paying through the nose for ours for way too long, I’m not even going to say what I’ve been paying for what service it’s embarrassing. Rang them up yesterday to cancel and they couldn’t offer anything near what I wanted so gave them 30 days notice with the intention of my mrs starting a new contract for the this deal

C056FBF6-3E6C-4310-8323-204E6FFB7879.jpeg

they just called me and offered me the same deal for £34 a month, obviously with no set up fee either, happy days :)

1631188003196.jpeg

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Oh and the sim will go in my new Fold3 I’ve just ordered from Samsung 🙂

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I’ve been paying through the nose for ours for way too long, I’m not even going to say what I’ve been paying for what service it’s embarrassing. Rang them up yesterday to cancel and they couldn’t offer anything near what I wanted so gave them 30 days notice with the intention of my mrs starting a new contract for the this deal

View attachment 1556828

they just called me and offered me the same deal for £34 a month, obviously with no set up fee either, happy days :)

View attachment 1556829
👍👍

How long after you gave them the 30 day notice did they ring you up to agree the new deal.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
We want to downgrade and maybe go for internet only seen as we rarely watch actual TV. Similar situation to you before getting ripped off Just need to get on the phone to cancel and see what they offer.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Virgin are the only company who have ever downsold me a package. I rang up asking them to reapply a discount which had expired a couple of months prior, and if they could match the new customer deal on gigabit fibre which they were more than happy to do, but the guy on the phone said it would probably be better to just keep the current 350Mb line I had, and even backdated my discount for the time it had been expired. So far I've been very impressed with them for the past 6 years

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got onto Virgin to cancel etc yesterday and had the call today same package down from £92 to £44. Think we might be upping the internet speed to their M350 at £50/month though. Should have got on the phone sooner as we've been paying north of £80 for years now.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My old man got a letter from them the other day saying as of march it's going up again. I've been on to him to sort it out. He's paying £140 odd a month! Told him to call and say you want to cancel as you've spoken to a neighbour as they got the same letter and found out they are paying far less for the same package, you know the usual BS you give them down the phone.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was on £79 per month, deal ended and went up to £144.

Just renewed..
350mb internet
Every channel and HD
2 boxes
Smart remotes (?)
Virgin sim card (useless)
Landline (useless)

£87

Probably could have pushed harder but will do.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Got a letter through from Virgin saying my current plan is going up by £4 a month. Annoying because I've just signed into an 18 month contract not long back, it's not a lot of money but they're not exactly giving me anything extra

f**k you captain inflation

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Got a letter through from Virgin saying my current plan is going up by £4 a month. Annoying because I've just signed into an 18 month contract not long back, it's not a lot of money but they're not exactly giving me anything extra

f**k you captain inflation

Had this also called em said just calling ref price increase 5.99 a month they said no problem let's have a look at it said will give you a of 5.99 credit per month till end of contract that cancels it out.

Easiest haggle ever never even said I would cancel 🤣🤣

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bumping this as I had the letter through the door saying it's going up another £3.25a month in March. Can't seem to get through on the telephone, but they offered a Whatsapp conversation on their webchat. Absolute morons.

Screenshot_20220201-160954.png
Screenshot_20220201-161003.png
Screenshot_20220201-161015.png