ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin existing customer deals?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Does anyone work for Virgin? My usual package is 100mb broadband at £27 a month, but my contract is out 09/01/21 and they have upped it to £49 a month which is a pisstake.

New customers can get the same deal on 18m contract for £27. I'm happy to sign up to an 18m contract, but do they honestly need it to be in another name? Rather than keeping a loyal customer, why do they insist on a new customer?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If they wont give you a good deal tell them you want to cancel. You'll get a phonecall eventually from someone who can give you the price you want.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its standard practice with virgin to have to threaten to leave.

Call them up and say you have lost your job but you really like the virgin service, say that you really need to cut back your outgoings but would be happy to stay if they can keep it at £27. Be polite and cheery, they will say yes. Then put a reminder in your phones calendar to do the same about a month before your contract expires.

They probably think I am the most unlucky person to have lost my job so many times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Does anyone work for Virgin? My usual package is 100mb broadband at £27 a month, but my contract is out 09/01/21 and they have upped it to £49 a month which is a pisstake.

New customers can get the same deal on 18m contract for £27. I'm happy to sign up to an 18m contract, but do they honestly need it to be in another name? Rather than keeping a loyal customer, why do they insist on a new customer?

I get the full house bundle broad band all channels and phone inc line rental and free calls and negotiated it to 49 a month.
They were putting it up to 80 from 54 quid.
Always a deal to be had but always speak to disconnetions never the regulator sales/ customer service.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I go through it every year or so with them. I have not left yet, though will do if they don't offer the right prices. As it stands I am paying slightly more for convenience!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive been meaning to call them for easily 2 years now as im nearly £100 pm but any time ive had dealings with them they are utterly hopeless with a massive language barrier and i end up throwing the phone 😂

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Aren’t they based in Ireland? Their customer service were very stubborn but I managed to extend my ‘new customer’ offer for another 18 months.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Rang Virgin up earlier whilst making free money on SkyVegas

My contract was up and it was going from £35 a month to £64. 10 mins on the phone with a lovely chap and he honoured the old price for another 18 months. Although in March everyone's prices are going up by £3.50 anyway, inflation innit. £38.50 a month isn't to be sniffed at for 220Mbps average with very minimal dropout or packet loss (y)

200mb and MixIt TV. Sit nice

200.gif

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
f**k that for a laugh, just get a dodgybox for sports and s**t 😂

Ermmm I mean.... errrrrr.... I didn't mean that officer I swear 😂

Yeah I cant do that.. and hassle. I watch a lot of sport and my mrs says if I have sport then she has to have movies.. which she never watches.. and Netflix.. and Amazon Prime ffs.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I cant do that.. and hassle. I watch a lot of sport and my mrs says if I have sport then she has to have movies.. which she never watches.. and Netflix.. and Amazon Prime ffs.
Aye we have Netflix, Prime, Spotify ffs

Luckily my mrs hammers them so we deffo get our monies worth 😂

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I need to ring them, want to drop the land-line and just keep the 350mb, think I'll just move to the 500mb to save the hassle 😂.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I dont understand why everyone doesn't just swap provider at the end of every contract. You ALWAYS get the best deals, you get brand new latest hardware and you get big cashback deals from Quidco/QQ etc
I alternate between virgin and bt each time.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
As mentioned above. The key is to talk to the retention team not the sales team.

They literally have different/better options in the system.

So phone up and say you are wanting to cancel. That will get you to the right team.

Then say I don’t feel like I am using it enough to warrant the cost/cost increase.

It will then likely be followed with a deal close to what you have but a bit more money. They will upgrade something as part of that (faster broadband, bigger TV bundle) to justify why it costs more.

Decline and say you want to cancel unless they can match your current deal.

Job jobbed they are then incredibly likely to offer you what you want.

Possibly need to go through another cycle of I don’t think it’s worth it so still want to cancel.

Goes without saying hopefully, be nice and chatty along the way and I am sure they will help you out.

And if you get to the end and don’t get the offer and don’t want to actual cancel. Then just hang up :) I haven’t ever needed to go that far though. They have always matched the offer before I get that far.

Also worth me saying they record what you use/watch. So saying you don’t use it but then sitting on it 4 hours a night they are going to know. So talk about it not being worth the value rather than you not using it.

And if you don’t use it then don’t pay for it and remove it.

Just done that this year with them. So now only got their broadband. Getting the 500mb for £45 - the new customer price - I have been with them for about 10 years now and do the same thing every 12-18 months depending on their contract length.

Suits me as I never used the Virgin box. I watch everything through the smart TV.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I just said everything is a pennypinch at the moment with everyone current situation

I mean it's complete bullshit, I'm in the best position financially that I've been in since I was born😂

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I'm currently on the phone waiting (20mins so far)
Same deal same price as OP, ended 4 days ago but I'm out of the minimum term now, gone to £49 then £51.50 end of this month when the price rise comes in.
I don't need TV or anything, don't want free mins as I don't have/want a home phone, so can't see it being hard for them to just match me

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I'm currently on the phone waiting (20mins so far)
Same deal same price as OP, ended 4 days ago but I'm out of the minimum term now, gone to £49 then £51.50 end of this month when the price rise comes in.
I don't need TV or anything, don't want free mins as I don't have/want a home phone, so can't see it being hard for them to just match me

hope they’re ok for you, they wanted to charge me £20 more a month for not having a landline ...

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Okay nevermind, they want £35 😂
Or £48 without the minutes (turns out I already had them, means you get a discount when you have both)
I'll check again next week or something, I've given my 30 days so I'll put a reminder on my phone if I don't get anything before it's due to end.

no other provider round here gets the 100mb though, someone was recommending sky a few weeks back "I get 45mbs for £30" or something like that lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I get the full house bundle broad band all channels and phone inc line rental and free calls and negotiated it to 49 a month.
They were putting it up to 80 from 54 quid.
Always a deal to be had but always speak to disconnetions never the regulator sales/ customer service.

Do you have BT sport with that? We pay £88/month for full house and the M200 broadband. I can't remember now if we added bt sport separately now.

I've been wanting to ring up and try get it down but their customer service is shite and they just try and get you with other shitty deals that just mean you'll probably be paying more than the initial price in 6 months time when their 'great deal' expires.

Edit - just saw you have sky sport similar deal. I definitely need to get onto them when I muster up the courage to deal with their customer service.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
What you want is a mate that works at Virgin so you get mates rates. I've just had Virgin 350mb fibre put in and got a sim with unlimited minutes/texts and 5GB data that is 1 quid a month on top of the Internet which was 30 quid. No install fee either.

The mid TV package was an extra 5 or 6 quid on top but we left it with Sky

Sky/BT etc can't get anywhere near the speed

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Obviously virgin (giggles) supply their own lines. The likes of others who rent off bt? The quality of the Internet from different providers is just that.

We are with Vodafone and has been pretty much issue free. We don't get anywhere near the figures above but fine for what we need.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What you want is a mate that works at Virgin so you get mates rates. I've just had Virgin 350mb fibre put in and got a sim with unlimited minutes/texts and 5GB data that is 1 quid a month on top of the Internet which was 30 quid. No install fee either.

Your last point isn’t really true but only if you live in an area where they (BT, Sky) have FTTP.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Do you have BT sport with that? We pay £88/month for full house and the M200 broadband. I can't remember now if we added bt sport separately now.

I've been wanting to ring up and try get it down but their customer service is shite and they just try and get you with other shitty deals that just mean you'll probably be paying more than the initial price in 6 months time when their 'great deal' expires.

Edit - just saw you have sky sport similar deal. I definitely need to get onto them when I muster up the courage to deal with their customer service.

Yes I have BT sport too.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC

Who's your mate then? CS discount?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
my promo deal of £79 a month is coming to an end. That’s the top package including 600meg broadband, sky cinema, sky sports, BT sport etc. Pretty much everything.

It was going to go up to £140 so I looked at the equivalent package on Sky which was £91 a month.

Gave Virgin a call and told them the maximum I could pay was £90 and after a ten minute phone call with a very polite chap in India I now have another 12 months with Virgin for £89 a month.

happy with that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I get ripped off by the looks of things, mine is coming to an end and £79 a month for 100 meg, Full House TV (XL) bigger bundle. I dont have naff all extras.