ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista Service pack 1... hmmm...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Installed this last night. OMG. it has just made start up sooooooooooo slow.

My laptop used to just turn on and be up in windows before you knew it all good.

Now it takes about 5 -10 minutes to laod up... No idea why. just takes forever. Once it is loaded it takes a few minutes to become decently responsive with firefox. then it is fine.

Anyone else had SP1 and these types of problems... I am very tempted to jsut go back to before it was installed...

1 Series Coupe
I had this problem with service pack 1.

I rolled back the drivers and re-installed it about 2 months after. (I completly forgot about it)

Now it works fine.. Probably a driver issue of some sort.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
a dual core AMD and 2 gb ram. nothing special on the AMD front. just a boggo Dell Inspiron 1501 from about a year ago.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmmm will probably try the old system restore point thnigy and see if it gets better later on this afternoon.

so annoying as the laptop was rock solid before. nice and quick and gets heavy use most days... :(

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
guess i should mention that the laptop was a vista to sp1 from fresh install, not sure if that would have made a difference

BMW F31
i have this problem on my work pc, but not on my home one, both running vista ultimate, my work one can take 5+ mins to boot to login, once there it logs in quickly but takes 2+ mins to become fully responsive. pissing me off tbh, waiting for it in the morning to boot.

It's much better if you install Vista fresh with SP1 integrated IMO.

Always have more success doing it that way..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i can't really install vista fresh with SP1 though really...

hmmm i'll try it all again.

Revels Mum & Sister
Mine was slow not this slow when I did it. I updated all the drivers for graphics, chipset etc and it solved the issue and a lot of others. I would try this Seb

DCi
It's much better if you install Vista fresh with SP1 integrated IMO.

Always have more success doing it that way..

ah, so it does make a difference!
yeah it was going to be the first thing I was going to say when I saw this topic.

I guess the only other things you could try if you really dont want to roll back is update all your drivers where applicable (perhaps reinstall them if you want to & already have the latest - and do it very properly - ie uninstalling in safe mode)

then you could also look at what programs you have in your start up, try disabling them all and re-adding the ones you need 1 by 1 and see if anything conflicts with SP1

just some suggestions.