ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 850R

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
IMG_2487.JPG
IMG_2488.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
All set to pick this up on Wednesday to add to the Volvo fleet! It's a bit silly really BUT Donald trump is president so who knows how long we have left.

160k miles and auto so will keep the wife happy. Standard too and £170 a year to insure!

Not my pics but I'm sure you can see that it's pretty tidy. Even has the original purchase invoice for 36k in there!

I'm excited!

Nil presently.
Always had a massive soft spot for these, runs in the family I guess as my father owned an 850 & V70R.

Brings back fond memories of my old V60, into which we crammed a double mattress, a set of curtains that looked fresh out of a 60's acid trip and off we went around the country. 190,000 miles on mostly original parts, literally the best surf wagon I've ever owned!

Reactions: Ben

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I'd really like one of these. Used to have an 850 T-5 that had all the R bits on. Mine was an auto but would definitely have a manual next time.

This is the Volvo you should be modifying!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Noice, if this is a daily and the wife is driving it too, whats happening with the Audi? Using both?

Extra man points for this one, always liked these and that looks a cracker........ I too would go for the auto myself as what a perfect daily cruiser, but with power and a good list of gadgets :cool:

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice, any decent 850 and Phase 1 V70/S70 T5-engined cars seem to be getting very rare and values are on the up. Which is a bugger, as I'd really like to own one again :)

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
If it's noise you want then polybush the engine stabiliser top mount. Basically makes a much more direct connection between the engine and the firewall - downside is a bit of vibration, upside is the most amazing 5-pot growl/yowl. I have a really old sound file somewhere of my old T5, it really did sound the nuts. :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So got the 850 home today.

I went to look and it had been sat for 6 weeks and is certainly not as nice in the pictures. The paint is in need of a machine polish to deal with some of the faded areas which I'm sure I can sort out.

Had a look around the car (in th dark as usual) and it seemed ok. Little bit of time and effort and it'll be sorted kinda thing.

Drive home was ok, it wasn't rip your face of fast but the box was silly smooth and it wofted upto 130 mph easy enough.

Got home and looked at the drive and oli the oil leak had made an appearance. Got underneath and saw that there was more than a drip coming out so had to smash some cardboard down!

Mot booked for tomorrow - I'll explain re the oil leak and see how else it does. The only good thing about the leak is that it's big enough to be noticed!

Red in places.

IMG_2519.JPG

Exxon Valdez

IMG_2517.JPG