ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanted a m3 but....

Is it me, or do most V6 owners on here think that everyone else who owns a lesser Clio, can't afford a V6? You, know, it is actually okay to accept that not everyone likes them. It's even okay to accept that not everyone spends all their money on cars. I'm sure they're great and all that, but, I just get the impression that most people own them simply to get attention.

Personally I'm not a lover or a hater. I don't really like the V6 but I'd perhaps own one for a few months. M3 I wouldn't even consider a test drive. S2000 would be my choice over the Clio :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^^

I almost bought an S2000, but the engine pissed me off heh. Yes I know it wins awards and is magnificently technical etc etc but you have to be doing over 60, in 2nd, to hit Vtec, and out of V-Tec it just drives like a 160bhp MX5 heh. Got quite annoying quite quickly. Bet it would be awesome on a track. All just IMHO.

Dan

Clio 172 mk2
lol at some of these BMW hate posts.

Why is it so many of you are so worried about what others think of you if your were to, heaven forbid, buy a BMW. I mean who gives a s**t? At the end of the day it's your choice even if apparently it lables you as a 'c**t', then so be it. If its a car that makes your adrenaline rush and you enjoy driving it then enjoy being a c**t and laugh at those just in it for the 'posing'. If you buy a car just to look good you don't deserve to drive. So stop stereotyping, equal rights for all. FREE MANDELA!

lol

It's just a matter of taste...I've always hated BMWs and the one up the arse of my car driving at the weekend only further reinforced my opinion that they are driven by c0cks.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^^^

I almost bought an S2000, but the engine pissed me off heh. Yes I know it wins awards and is magnificently technical etc etc but you have to be doing over 60, in 2nd, to hit Vtec, and out of V-Tec it just drives like a 160bhp MX5 heh. Got quite annoying quite quickly. Bet it would be awesome on a track. All just IMHO.

Dan

I would say this much, having owned a VTEC civic i can bout for it being a b**ch, you have to have a Lead weighted shoe on your right foot to get the most out of it, espesh with the Civic Type R, unless you keep it screaming up past 5600rpm then you can forget it performance wise, great cars and all that jazz but by christ if your shoeing it in every gear your looking @ 23-24mpg!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
That's it yea, I have no doubt that they're technically brilliant cars, much like the M3, but just not for me :)

Dan

Turbos.
lol at some of these BMW hate posts.

Why is it so many of you are so worried about what others think of you if your were to, heaven forbid, buy a BMW. I mean who gives a s**t? At the end of the day it's your choice even if apparently it lables you as a 'c**t', then so be it. If its a car that makes your adrenaline rush and you enjoy driving it then enjoy being a c**t and laugh at those just in it for the 'posing'. If you buy a car just to look good you don't deserve to drive. So stop stereotyping, equal rights for all. FREE MANDELA!

lol

It's just a matter of taste...I've always hated BMWs and the one up the arse of my car driving at the weekend only further reinforced my opinion that they are driven by c0cks.

Sorry about that...

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
get a high milage m3 53 plate for about 10000 then 4500 for a charger and happy days thats my plan;)

MINI JCW
Have you considered a VX220 Turbo?

as quick as the M3 and Id say gets more attention than the V6.

Cheaper to run than both as well

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Is it me, or do most V6 owners on here think that everyone else who owns a lesser Clio, can't afford a V6? You, know, it is actually okay to accept that not everyone likes them. It's even okay to accept that not everyone spends all their money on cars. I'm sure they're great and all that, but, I just get the impression that most people own them simply to get attention.

Personally I'm not a lover or a hater. I don't really like the V6 but I'd perhaps own one for a few months. M3 I wouldn't even consider a test drive. S2000 would be my choice over the Clio :)

I don't think any of the vee lads will dispute that a Well set up 172/182/197 will be ultimately quicker on track than the vee...But thats not the point of the car.

I really like the R26/27...Drove both on track and on the road love them both. Will probably get one as a run about in the future.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

im getting one but its purely for posing, im too scared to go round bends quickly:eek:

Clio

im getting one but its purely for posing, im too scared to go round bends quickly:eek:

Posing aside mate, going round bends quickly in the dry is easily done, the handling stories are from give a s**t journalists and people going beyond there limit. In the wet I would agree it would be stupid to push the car, but in the dry you will really need to be going mad to lose it. The grip is phenomenal, but I haven't found the limit yet so I can say that;)

I don't think any of the vee lads will dispute that a Well set up 172/182/197 will be ultimately quicker on track than the vee...But thats not the point of the car.

I really like the R26/27...Drove both on track and on the road love them both. Will probably get one as a run about in the future.

I was talking about the way most V6 owners on here often play the jealousy card when someone dares suggest that they may not like their car. Not everyone likes the V6. It's often quite funny to read actually :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

I was talking about the way most V6 owners on here often play the jealousy card when someone dares suggest that they may not like their car. Not everyone likes the V6. It's often quite funny to read actually :)

nah i think like anyone alot of ppl slate the vee and alot of ppl get moist with a vee. I think the comments of its a bodykitted clio, its not worth the money etc etc rattle them. It's the same for 197 and inferno owners who defend their car!
It depends what people classify as a better car. personally i would take a vee over an Evo, as i dont like the look of them inspite of their pedigree. I think the Vee is marmite you either get it or you dont. As soon as i drove it i needed one

got to be the V6! M3's are ten a penny! And who really cares if they are a bit quicker.. Least driving a V6 people know you have some form of imagination..

Clio

I understand what your saying mate, I own one because I don't want the run of the mill choices and I like the fact that it is rare and comes with the minimum of technology. 90% of my mates know nothing about cars and call it the bumper car. They can't understand why you'd put an engine where you could have a boot.

I can fully understand owning a 1*2/197 if I wanted to push a car to its limits, but in the Vee I don't think I ever will because I'm aware of the no coming back if I did. Anyone who owns a Vee in my opinion is not after the ultimate performance car and if honest will admit the other RS cars are better all round performance cars for a amatuer driver.

I don't think that Vee drivers see at jealousy, they see it as a different reason for owning the car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

:S I don't follow...Why would we be jealous?

If people don't love the vee instantly they never will, at best they will appreciate them for what they are... A Unique reno 'crazy' moment.

I think the Vee is marmite you either get it or you dont. As soon as i drove it i needed one

See there it is again. I 'get' it. Have no fear about that. I just don't like it :D

I was refering to playing the jealousy card against anyone who dares not to like the V6. In plainer English - Wayne says to Eric that the V6 sucks. Eric says Wayne is just Jealous because he can't afford one, or doesn't "get" it.

Not necessarily in this thread, but overall.

Just to add my bit to this (from a v6 owners point of view) most of the people slating them with 'lesser' model clios are talking complete twaddle tbh.

I'd lay money that the majority of them harping on about poor build quality & how slow they are etc etc haven't even been in one or driven one.

Tbh this p*sses me off a fair bit every time a v6 topic comes up. Most of the time there was someone in the discussion talking a complete load of bs. When asked directly if they had ever even sat in one, no reply at all. All I ever got was 'there is better out there' Tbh, I don't give a stuff if there is on not, if i'm asking a straight question, i'd like a straight answer, it's not hard is it ??

It's not imo a jealousy thing at all, but ill/mis informed folk letting off again when they actually know sweet fa.

I was asked a while ago to start a thread titled 'have you ever driven a v6' in relation to all of the negaitivty people were slinging at them & the mods added a poll to it, no big shocker that most talking the bs hadn't driven one.

At the end of the day the car isn't the be all & end all, I don't make it out to be at all. I like driving it & i'm happy with how quick it goes, if I want it faster i'll throw some cash at it.

Just my two peneth worth :)

^^All fair enough. I have not driven a V6, but then I've never made any claims, positive or negative, about the abilities of the car. I just don't like 'em :)

Well why do these V6 threads go on for so damn long, there must be a lot of passion from both sides :)

I personally LOVE IT, had mine for 4 years now and still smile when I drive it :)

Love it or hate it, its seems to keep threads going for 10 or pages of total twoddle...lol ;)

Mate, try the V6, if it ain't for you then you can easy join the BMW lot, there are plenty for sale :)

Simon

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
!!

I was refering to playing the jealousy card against anyone who dares not to like the V6. In plainer English - Wayne says to Eric that the V6 sucks. Eric says Wayne is just Jealous because he can't afford one, or doesn't "get" it.

Not necessarily in this thread, but overall.

Ah, ok, i'm with you now. I don't think that at all. But what gets on my tits is people making stupid comparions to M3's Scoobs and Evo.

Sure there all the same value..Roughly, but they can't be compared...To have a 16k M3 means it's an older one with a mllion miles. Then people argue but for 16k the BM offers so much more. What high Milage, stress on parts...Chips and scratches. All for the sake oh sayin..Wow i own an M3 FINALLY!!!

I'll happily keep my Body kitted cup over anything compared to thus far. Love it to bits! :)

Just to add my bit to this (from a v6 owners point of view) most of the people slating them with 'lesser' model clios are talking complete twaddle tbh.

I'd lay money that the majority of them harping on about poor build quality & how slow they are etc etc haven't even been in one or driven one.

Tbh this p*sses me off a fair bit every time a v6 topic comes up. Most of the time there was someone in the discussion talking a complete load of bs. When asked directly if they had ever even sat in one, no reply at all. All I ever got was 'there is better out there' Tbh, I don't give a stuff if there is on not, if i'm asking a straight question, i'd like a straight answer, it's not hard is it ??

It's not imo a jealousy thing at all, but ill/mis informed folk letting off again when they actually know sweet fa.

I was asked a while ago to start a thread titled 'have you ever driven a v6' in relation to all of the negaitivty people were slinging at them & the mods added a poll to it, no big shocker that most talking the bs hadn't driven one.

At the end of the day the car isn't the be all & end all, I don't make it out to be at all. I like driving it & i'm happy with how quick it goes, if I want it faster i'll throw some cash at it.

Just my two peneth worth :)

High 5? lol Although i give up defending the Vee...Too many satchels on here. ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hehe yea for such a rare car it's amazing how many peoples mates have one and let them drive it. Yet no one ever puts pics up...

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well why do these V6 threads go on for so damn long, there must be a lot of passion from both sides :)

I personally LOVE IT, had mine for 4 years now and still smile when I drive it :)

Love it or hate it, its seems to keep threads going for 10 or pages of total twoddle...lol ;)

Mate, try the V6, if it ain't for you then you can easy join the BMW lot, there are plenty for sale :)

Simon

Si, you defo don't post enough pics of yours! Infact any!!! Sort it out sir! ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Si were you the Mars red parked next to me at FCS last year? Minor boo boo on your rear passenger corner?

Dan

To be a bit more contructive, and explain why I don't like them - The comments about bodykitted Clio, are actually not unfounded. I've spent a lot of time looking over one, and I thought the fit and finish of the kit were terrible. The fit and detail (design) of how the kit integrates with the lamp clusters is pretty poor for starters, and the obvious join on the rear quarter looks horrible. Granted, with the way the car was developed, perhaps unavoidable, but tacky nonetheless, especially for a £27k machine.

Also, it has a capstan as a steering wheel, and I presume, the same terrible driving position as the rest of the range. Not befitting of something that shouts about being some sort of race car.

I'm sure if you own one, then none of these things matter, though :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Styling-- LOL yours doesnt have any- Its a river barge- & handles like one-

PMSL!! Gotta love clueless people.

Has to be quote of the year so far.

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/450/450540-1.jpg

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/450/450540-2.jpg

If you call that Styling then you need new glasses-

The only clueless person is you my friend just like the farmer from North Yorkshire-- I tell you what-Take your Megane to WSR this year & park it in the heritage section with all the other cars parked up-

Just like 2006 & 2007 they dont even get a second look - Rather like the 197 when it was first shown there in 2006-

Jog on....

S

cock mobile.
PMSL!! Gotta love clueless people.

Has to be quote of the year so far.

The only clueless person is you my friend just like the farmer from North Yorkshire-- I tell you what-Take your Megane to WSR this year & park it in the heritage section with all the other cars parked up-

Just like 2006 & 2007 they dont even get a second look - Rather like the 197 when it was first shown there in 2006-

Jog on....

S

Ahhh has somebody thrown there toys out of the pram??? didums.

Styling is a personal thing, and I would be the first to say it's not the best looking car on the road, but an ST hardly is either is it :rolleyes:

I was more concerned about you said it handled like a barge, clearly never driven one, or if you have then you clearly cannot drive.

And I bought the Megane because it doesn't get looks, got fed up with the over the top looks of some previous cars. Some of us don't need prams and are over the age of one.

Crawl on...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
To be a bit more contructive, and explain why I don't like them - The comments about bodykitted Clio, are actually not unfounded. I've spent a lot of time looking over one, and I thought the fit and finish of the kit were terrible. The fit and detail (design) of how the kit integrates with the lamp clusters is pretty poor for starters, and the obvious join on the rear quarter looks horrible. Granted, with the way the car was developed, perhaps unavoidable, but tacky nonetheless, especially for a £27k machine.

Also, it has a capstan as a steering wheel, and I presume, the same terrible driving position as the rest of the range. Not befitting of something that shouts about being some sort of race car.

I'm sure if you own one, then none of these things matter, though :)

Roy, how many cars will draw as much attention for 27k! Or sound as good. Or be bought by people who can affort 430's and 911's! There a unique car regardless of the normal french built and finish.

The panels...Mehhh, bothered? - Look at the old Maxi turbo! Ha! Looks the same. It's an evolution!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Jog on....

S

Ahhh has somebody thrown there toys out of the pram??? didums.

Styling is a personal thing, and I would be the first to say it's not the best looking car on the road, but an ST hardly is either is it :rolleyes:

I was more concerned about you said it handled like a barge, clearly never driven one, or if you have then you clearly cannot drive.

And I bought the Megane because it doesn't get looks, got fed up with the over the top looks of some previous cars. Some of us don't need prams and are over the age of one.

Crawl on...

that plenty you 2!

Again not a compariable car! I've driven the R26 and it is a fantastic car, i could probably do a quicker lap in it than the vee on track...Infact i'm almost certain i could! But it's......*Runs for cover* boring as sin! But coming from a Vee what isn't! Very few things would get me buzzin now. The TVR was up there as was the Noble! The RS4 and CSL just made me go...nice...And wow it's nippy. No soul!

Lets leave it there eh! ;) Plus i'm sure the R26 doesn't go aswell as the DC5!!

172 Cup
M3 Convertible would be my choice, get the lid down and listen to that zorst tone!!! Clio is a great car though!

GW Stage 2 R26
test drove an r26 the other week. completly underwhelmed by it after the vee. quiet grippy and felt quickish in an artifical turbo kind of way. but felt and looked and more importantly sounded so dull