ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty question

evening all!
what with all this weather we been having lately i have been using the screen wash more than usual. however having to fill the screen wash tank every day is slighty excessive by anyones standards.
bottom line is renault say one of the front headlight washers is the cause of the leak and the tank emtying itself-however when i asked if this was covered under warranty both people on service looked puzzled and said will check for me.
does anyone know if this is covered under warrenty-car is question is 05 plate uk full fat 182
cheers in anticipation

I would be very upset if it were my car, less than a year old and they told me it wasn't covered under warranty. In fact, I think I'd probably kick up a bit of a fuss... but thats just me ;)

edde,

are you allowed to plug them up? I thought that if they were fitted, they had to be operational for the mot?

Horace said:
edde,

are you allowed to plug them up? I thought that if they were fitted, they had to be operational for the mot?
Difficult one.
If you have a car with zeons UK spec it has to have the jets and they have to work when new and for the MOT. However your not due an MOT for some time. If you import a car without zeons then you don't need the jets.
Not sure how the legal implications work but thats the basic idea I believe.

Ford Fiesta
yep for MOT so def a warranty job, otherwise Renault have caused you to fail.

wonder how many this week have started leaking around country, bet there are loads!

Clio 182
Stupid question but how can i tell if it is leaking? Will it just be pissing all over the floor when i park?

Ford Fiesta
yeah slowly. I could tell with mine as I could smell the fluid first. But there was a trickle coming form the oblong hole in the washer jet on closer inspection.