ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty work when warranty runs out...

E91 M Sport

If you report a problem to Renault before the warranty expires, and they can not find the problem until after the expiry date, is the claim still valid?

I have a suspected gearbox oil leak, and the garage has put some UV dye in the oil and asked me to put 200-300 miles on the car and come back. The problem is that I only do about 50 miles a week, and Ive got 11 days of warranty left!

(sorry for having to ask the unofficial forum these questions, but the fuc*ing renault garage dont know how to make a cup of tea :mad:)

Cheers,
Mike

Go for a long drive and get it booked in quick, I wouldnt take anyones say so if it could cost two or three grand in repairs!

im serious if they are notified that the fault happened before warranty expired they are bound to fix it by law iirc