ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water leak from Rear seatbelt hanger

Ive done a quick search and couldnt find any posts about leaks from here before.

I noticed water on rear parcel shelf, on closer inspection the roof lining is wet and theres water dripping off the screw that holds the roof mount seatbelt to the roof. :(

I popped into to Renault as I thought my warranty runs out May, only to find out it was registered for a pan european warranty in January so its run out. Weird, cos the HPI showed nothing about it being an import

Clio V6 255

had rust in this place on my old clio dynamique, seems to be leaking arial housings that cause this, may have been mentioned on this forum before I think.

Quote: Originally posted by Zydered on 29 March 2005

had rust in this place on my old clio dynamique, seems to be leaking arial housings that cause this, may have been mentioned on this forum before I think.
Thanks, I checked the aerial and it seemed a bit loose. Ill pull the headlining out as soon as its dry. Its only just started leaking so there shouldnt be any rust yet. :cry:

Right Ive sorted the problem, it turns out I just needed to tighten the bolt holding the aerial in from underneath.

Removing the plastic trims on the rear pillars wasnt too hard, I only managed to break one little plastic clip :oops:

Ive left the roof hanging down a bit to dry out, Im just hoping it doesnt look to stained once its dried.

Ill pop into Renault tomorrow to get a couple of plastic clips and a new metal bolt for the seatbelt hanger.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 30 March 2005

Right Ive sorted the problem, it turns out I just needed to tighten the bolt holding the aerial in from underneath.

Removing the plastic trims on the rear pillars wasnt too hard, I only managed to break one little plastic clip :oops:

Ive left the roof hanging down a bit to dry out, Im just hoping it doesnt look to stained once its dried.

Ill pop into Renault tomorrow to get a couple of plastic clips and a new metal bolt for the seatbelt hanger.

which clips are these that have broke? are they the popper type ones, I take it not clips that are part of the trim or you wouldnt be able to replce them would you?

Liam

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 30 March 2005

which clips are these that have broke? are they the popper type ones, I take it not clips that are part of the trim or you wouldnt be able to replce them would you?
Liam
The plastic trim for the rear pillar has one clip that fixed into the roof, only visible when removing the the trim piece above the rear window. It wasnt a moulded part, so can be replaced.

Ive tightened the aerial bolt up to 150lb/ft torque so it shouldnt move again. ;) but I still think the seal round the base of the aerial could be better :cry:

Quick question - how do you remove water stains from the headlining fabric? :mad:

P.S. You need a 22mm socket/spanner to tighten the aerial bolt from underneath.

Ford Fiesta

I posted pics of the rubber seal expanding when it was cold on my 182 with the larger base (same as V6 antennas) a while back, i thought the water would be leaking in but not seen any yet, and now temp got higher the rubber seal as gripped around the antenna base again.

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/3373/antenna4it.jpg

Oxyclean - you can buy it in tubs from Asda (bout £4) - comes in a powder form that you mix with water (ratio depending on severity of stain) - once deloused a fourteen year old Mk2 Golf that had fungus growing out of the head restraint with it - brilliant stuff:D