ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax...

1.6 focus zetec....
In two minds atm as to which wax to buy this weekend....

Dodo Juice Purple Haze or Dodo Juice Super Natural??

I've currently got megs gold class and poor boys nattys blue.... Neither i rate highly tbh. I want a wet/glossy finish and don't find either of the ones i have atm do that. Also want a soft wax as the nattys blue does my head in having to keep rubbing my fingers in it to make it soft (not even my missus gets that much of a rub lol)

So can anyone recommend one of the above... or any other for that matter as long as its within a reasonable price bracket?!?

Also applicators... Which ones?

I'm using megs foam ones atm which are ok imo but keep hearing people rant on about the german applictaor pads. Whats the difference??

Thanks

Kiza

Renaultsport 220T
I use Dodo Juice Purple Haze. Bought it from Matt at i4detailing.co.uk.

Works well on black. Goes on really well. And the results speak for themselves.

web.jpg

web.jpg

:)

1.6 focus zetec....
Wow that does look nice.... Yeah i was going to get it off mat. Just can't decide which one lol

My cars not black but a very dark blue and is sumtimes mistaken for black (by stevie wonder anyway)...

106 GTi
Neither !

Swisswax Onyx or Victoria Concours.

As for foam hand pads, the yellow Megs type ones are just fine.

Renaultsport 220T
Thanks. I was surprised how good it was.

I haven't tried the supernatural. It does look good on Ady's trophy.
Give Matt a call. I'm sure he can tell you the difference in them both.

I think it's all about the sealant that you use before you wax it. I have some of that tropicare yellow sealant on mine, and it just makes the paint look amazing, with lots of depth and shine.

106 GTi
The main looks are in the prep stage if you want more gloss the main bulk is created in the polishing, no sealant or wax will add much more than the final few percent of the overall look.

1.6 focus zetec....
Neither !

Swisswax Onyx or Victoria Concours.

As for foam hand pads, the yellow Megs type ones are just fine.

Whats the price on them then rich?? Soft and give a glossy finish??

Thanks. I was surprised how good it was.

I haven't tried the supernatural. It does look good on Ady's trophy.
Give Matt a call. I'm sure he can tell you the difference in them both.

I think it's all about the sealant that you use before you wax it. I have some of that tropicare yellow sealant on mine, and it just makes the paint look amazing, with lots of depth and shine.

Yeah i've spoke to mat breifly on here today but didn't ask which one he thought was best.

Might have to invest in some of that tropicare for mine then... you put this on straight after drying your car or put something like SRP 1st??

1.6 focus zetec....
The main looks are in the prep stage if you want more gloss the main bulk is created in the polishing, no sealant or wax will add much more than the final few percent of the overall look.

Would you recommend the tropicare like sm_wrc then rich or still use SRP and EGP??

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
id say dodo purple haze, supernatural is supposed to be good, but if u polish it well the diff will be minimal!!

106 GTi
Onyx - about £40 quid, Vics Concours around £20.

Both leave a decent gloss, the Onyx adding a touch more depth. If you looking for a big increase in looks you money would best be spent in the polishing stages.

106 GTi

Would you recommend the tropicare like sm_wrc then rich or still use SRP and EGP??

You need something pre the pre wax and sealant stages to get the best out of your paint. Decent machine polish with something like Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finish will create a much better look than and make a much bigger difference in your cars overall look than spending money on waxes and sealants.

1.6 focus zetec....
Looks like I might have to invest in a PC... for some reason i've held off buying one as I think i will fcuk up with it lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Looks like I might have to invest in a PC... for some reason i've held off buying one as I think i will fcuk up with it lol

there good but it takes alot of time tbh to do it, i cant be arsed

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah I think your right... Better sweet talk the missus into letting me spend a couple of hundred notes on the car again lol.

Thanks lads

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
mine lies there tried using it and was struggling with megs 80 + 83!!!

Monaco 172
do what i did....buy a 40 rotary, take it easy with a few pads and polishes and go from there.

unless the paint is in ridiculous condition 3M ultrafina will take most of the swirls out. makes mine look dripping wet when its all finished

Renaultsport 220T

Little chance of messing up with one.

I makes a big difference, especially, if you want a really good finish.
Depends if you have a lot of swirl marks in your paint currently?

Where abouts in the country are you? Bound to find someone to do it for you on here.

Shed.
I have almost finished a pot of purple haze, ive managed to get through it in the space of 6 months, IMO it doesnt make the flake pop like other waxes do, instead, it gives it a deep gloss black look. Durability wise, its not great but then who cares i wax the car twice in a month anyways.

I have also finished a sample pot of supernatural, IMO it does make the flake pop far better than purple haze, but i wouldnt buy it. Durability is verygood and i found that after a wash it was still beading like new.

Ill be going for Swissvax Onyx, Sapphir or Best of show, whichever i can afford next week as a replacement.

heres 2 coats of Purple haze.

DSC01463.jpg

For the price, i strongly reccomend you go with swissvax onyx.

1.6 focus zetec....

Little chance of messing up with one.

I makes a big difference, especially, if you want a really good finish.
Depends if you have a lot of swirl marks in your paint currently?

Where abouts in the country are you? Bound to find someone to do it for you on here.

Im like it with everything... was worried about using clay for the 1st time aswell lol.

My paints not got too many swirls but there are some there from when my parents owened it. Also got abit of orange peel effect on the rear quarter and top of the doors... not sure if this can be sorted out by PC??

Im based in the midlands....

Chocolate Bar™
i bought the supernatural tester off 7mat and its absolutely mint on the yellow.. pricey but it'll be bought :(