ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxing after every wash

Have a read up before you give it a go. Don't forget the lube. The sticky in here gives a good explanation of to do's and not to do's.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Nice one thanks for the links mate will give this a go then top up with wax / polish (autoglym super resin polish) Is it worth polishing after claying or straight into sealent?

Not a 320d
Cause marring mainly.

Clay then glaze or hand polish. If you've got autoglym super resin polish lying about that'll do for almost anything. Then use a wax or selant.

Colly will do I guess but its the most unflattering sealant available. It is durable though. Use whatever you want. My definition of a good wax starts at about 60 quid.

I'm not running through this thread but I'm sure all that will have been mentioned.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one thanks for the links mate will give this a go then top up with wax / polish (autoglym super resin polish) Is it worth polishing after claying or straight into sealent?

Actually, after claying, I'd re-wash the car. But knowing you, I can imagine you going into an endless cycle of washing > claying > washing > claying.

All the advice and links have been given to you, I am guessing you haven't been bothered to read any of it.

Just to make it clear:-

Rinse
Wash
Rinse
Tar remover
Rinse
Finger tip test, clay with lube
Rinse
Polish
Sealant, wax or both.

If you do it each week then just rinse, wash QD.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Offfffffffft!

Something about a fuse being blown in London.

Not a 320d
It's nearing the end of the spring detailing boom. Jd is tired after gallys had him bent over his Ford racing pumas bonnet countless times in the last 3 months. So as a result is a bit cranky.

FYI I'm actually in a good mood today as I've just sourced a lot of deionised water from Tescos of all places!

Cheers fella. It's useful now I'm in London and don't have a garage or shade and no drying aids with me. Quick wash and deionised water means win!

Bumder With A Buffer
Cheers fella. It's useful now I'm in London and don't have a garage or shade and no drying aids with me. Quick wash and deionised water means win!

I need to invest in some form of purifier or some big bottles of RO water. Does my nut having water marks even on a silver car. On the Monaco it was even worse.