ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waynes Pearl Black Dynamique Progress.

Been on here a while now, decided to keep all of my updates in one thread, much easier if you ask me.

(Sorry most of these images are crappy iPhone images)

Anyhow, heres when i got it...
wayne 001.jpg
Straight away got the ball rolling by fitting an RS grille and a smaller aerial.
Iphone 026.jpg

I then hunted down a set of Xenons + Diadem indicator bulbs. Got those fitted.
wayne 036.jpg

023.jpg

Bought some TD pro race 1's (Lighter than 1.2's IIRC) for the bargain price of £150 with budget tyres :)
wayne 039.jpg
Got them refubed cause i wasnt keen on white for a bargain price of £50 from my friends boss. Got them wrapped in 2x 195 50 15 Pilot exaltos and 2x Toyo proxes 4.

008.jpg384974_2459109211226_1657031263_2357179_1872439941_n.jpgTD1.jpg

I then sourced a full 172 interior for £150, got that fitted also. Its a tad bobbly so going to get that sorted soon and buy some alcantara cleaner and brush to spruce those up.
015.jpg

After the interior i fitted my Team dynamics and it needed lowering by about 30ft, so coilovers where next on the list.

WayneCars088.jpg

Bought some Rokkor/Raceland coilovers, got them fitted.

Waynespicturesofcar005.jpg

36625_10150834775401683_661006682_9712631_1507901529_n.jpg

560297_10150834787146683_661006682_9712729_1163152310_n.jpg

Thats all ive done for now really ! Ive painted my drums black, gave it a service + new ball joints & track rod ends etc to keep it Mechanically sweet :)

Got a few more plans which are :

..Cup spoiler - Been bought and should be arriving next week sometime.
..Fresh rear plate + a smaller front one.
..Silver visions indicator bulbs instead of Diadem ones.
..Colour code the bump+door strips and door handles.
..Fit my skoda splitter.
..Wet sand my Xenons to freshen them up.
..2 Pilot exaltos for the rear cause Toyo proxes are terrible!!

Thats about it really, will start saving for a 1*2 when i can get insured. Probably be a years time cause its a fortune at the moment, robbing beggers!

Let me know what you think, any ideas/thoughts, please say :)
Wayne.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
really like that mate. pro races look lovely. you thinking about lowering it a little more? whereabouts did you get your coilovers from? I'm debating getting some and wanted the cheapest ones really lol.

really like that mate. pro races look lovely. you thinking about lowering it a little more? whereabouts did you get your coilovers from? I'm debating getting some and wanted the cheapest ones really lol.

Thanks :) was gunna drop the back a tad, but i quite like the rake. Its low enough for me really. It doesnt catch or scrape anywhere (Apart from the splitter lol) skoda one should sort that, i can even get over big speedbumps without silling it/scraping believe it or not haha! And a friend i know whos on here offered me them before he put them up on here, paid £130 for them. There so much better than i expected, only harsh if you hit a huge pot hole/drain cover, but what car isnt ? lol.

great ideas mate should look lush

Cheers :)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
I'll have to look into getting some cheap ones. I've got sportlines atm but really fancy going lower. I agree after looking at your pics, may be the back could be dopped a tad.

Looks awesome mate, Want to see it with the fabia splitter on, not seen any ph3's with them (Y)

Cheers! also forgot to mention i might get a 172 rear bumper if i can find one. I might wait to fit it when i get my front bumper sorted, cracked & scraped it from a little incident in the snow. I dont think i have either, hopefully it'll look good :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
finally spotted the difference's bettween mine and your wheels. apart from the colours :p

pro race 1's ( yours ) dont come with writing on the alloy lip
pro race 1.2's ( like mine ) come with writing on the outer lip ( not any more, smoothed alloys FTW )

looking good ! :)

finally spotted the difference's bettween mine and your wheels. apart from the colours :p

pro race 1's ( yours ) dont come with writing on the alloy lip
pro race 1.2's ( like mine ) come with writing on the outer lip ( not any more, smoothed alloys FTW )

looking good ! :)

Yeah thats it, and apperently lighter .. i think haha! Cheers, just wish it was a dci 80 or 100 instead of a 1.poo ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah thats it, and apperently lighter .. i think haha! Cheers, just wish it was a dci 80 or 100 instead of a 1.poo ;)

haha you would think with writing in it would be lighter..... less material on the wheel but hey ho they look great nether the less :)

haha you want a dCi 100 tbh, dCi 80's have a crap fuel system. endless tweaking mine to behave......

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
delphi really are SH!TE, had a jaguar up the garage last month that ran off on its own oil.... those injectors on it LOL

bosch are epic, ramp the pressure up on the pumps and it loves it. i wanted more diesel sut out back and power but im on the edge with my crap.

any way whats the next plans on it? :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good.

I agree with your 'Start saving for a 1*2'.

I spent a fortune on my 1.4 to then sell it for pennies and buy a sport. Its all a learning curve. :p

delphi really are SH!TE, had a jaguar up the garage last month that ran off on its own oil.... those injectors on it LOL

bosch are epic, ramp the pressure up on the pumps and it loves it. i wanted more diesel sut out back and power but im on the edge with my crap.

any way whats the next plans on it? :)

My mate got his 80 mapped and it sh*t itself en route back from being mapped :O Also, Colour coding door strips + handles. Maybe the front bumper strips. Small front plate, New plain rear plate. Fit cup spoiler. Maybe get a 172 back bumper or colour code the current one. Fit skoda splitter, maybe get some 15mm rear spacers. Then not sure what to do after that!

Looks good.

I agree with your 'Start saving for a 1*2'.

I spent a fortune on my 1.4 to then sell it for pennies and buy a sport. Its all a learning curve. :p

All the mods ive got i'll just sell and put back to standard when i can get insured on a 1*2. Possibly keep the wheels cause they'll fit ;) I might not be able to get insured for a while though as im coming up 19 in september.

Few goodies came in the post this morning ! Lint remover... for my seats :) Hopefully should bring them up nice. 4x SilverVision bulbs. New wipers, cause mine just smear the screen now and a new hazard switch.
Will probably fit the new bulbs + wipers this afternoon.

Goodies.png

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
My mate got his 80 mapped and it sh*t itself en route back from being mapped :O Also, Colour coding door strips + handles. Maybe the front bumper strips. Small front plate, New plain rear plate. Fit cup spoiler. Maybe get a 172 back bumper or colour code the current one. Fit skoda splitter, maybe get some 15mm rear spacers. Then not sure what to do after that!
QUOTE]

haha 80's are crap engines tbh. mine wont go over 85mph without flagging EML lights up all over. and its ticking like a grandfather clock....

plans sound good matey, do what you said and leave it at that :)
save for your next clio/ car

Mates headgasket went, few other things, was never ending fixes. Cheers bud, just guuna get all of those things done within the next 2 month. Then maybe try and get a 182 :)

Fitted a new rear drivers side wheel bearing today with my mate as it was Knackerd! Was humming really loudly :\ So got that fitted and its all good now. (Picture during)

waynooo131.jpg

Also fitted my rear silver vision bulbs, didnt get a before photo but it looks loads better i think.

waynooo132.jpg

I also spruced up my seats with that little pink gadget i photo'd on page 1. Unfortunatley didnt get any before or after shots but its alot better now :D Fitted new wipers aswell.

Now just waiting patiently for delivery of my cup spoiler, better come tomorrow! Exited a little :eek:

Cup spoiler turned up today after a massive C*ck up !! City link = Cun*s !

Anyhow soon as it arrived went outside and fitted it, was quite fiddly i must say.
Saving weight IIRC.
Cupspoilerfitment.png

.....Fitted......

cupspoiler.png

Really happy with it ! Just need a fresh plate then maybe a 172 rear bumper or colour code the current one and il be happy with the rear :)

Let me know what you think.

Spoiler looks very nice.

Cheers :) Quite chuffed with it.

Was the cup spoiler a straight swap cause I've heard you need taller struts or something? :S

Thats for the trophy spoiler. Its a straight swap, i had to take the plastic clips off my boot to make it sit nicer though, and move the brake light cables and washer pipe around to get it right, ideally you need someone to hold the spoiler while you bolt it on.

Thats for the trophy spoiler. Its a straight swap, i had to take the plastic clips off my boot to make it sit nicer though, and move the brake light cables and washer pipe around to get it right, ideally you need someone to hold the spoiler while you bolt it on.

Ooh okay cheers, wasn't sure if it was Cup or Trophy spoiler that was for. Looks very good anyway, might have to treat myself to one if any become available :)

Ooh okay cheers, wasn't sure if it was Cup or Trophy spoiler that was for. Looks very good anyway, might have to treat myself to one if any become available :)

You need shorter struts for the trophy spoiler cause if its opened too far it hits off the roof i think. Cheers anyway, i need to take some better photo's, iPhone ones suck.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
looking smart buddy :). my cup spoiler fowls on the roof ( same spoiler as yours ) think its the struts are a tad to long ( few mm ) but easy fix :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Sounds more like bad french build quality and tolerances :p

haha yes, we had a joke at work today, my car was made on a friday, therefore all renault do on friday is slack :p the best clio's built ' proper ' is on wednesday :D

QUOTE=DCI RAZ;8843990]looking smart buddy :). my cup spoiler fowls on the roof ( same spoiler as yours ) think its the struts are a tad to long ( few mm ) but easy fix :)[/QUOTe

Thats no good! Shouldnt be too bad, you knocked any paint off? :\[/QUOTE]

mines only put a little tinny dent line in the paint. not very noticable but as ste said, adds to th character...of the french cannot messure :eek:

Don't worry about it Wayne, mine does the same. Adds a bit of character lol

still think it has something to do with our roof skin being slightly longer to compensate for our ' luxury ' elec sunroof :p