ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend car - Accidental....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
No 3.92 is nicer both road and track

Hated the 3.62 on the road

You might not like the long first on the road to be fair either but that sounds a plan

Avoid a cage , get a decent hood made that fits and enjoy it

Those bits sound a plan so far

Somewhere in the build will be reciept for the box and no doubt diff

They slither better with a decent LSD fitted too but when set up they do make a nice fun weekend blaster

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Getting bored looking for seats now. It looks like only JK Composites make seats narrow enough! Arse!

Getting bored looking for seats now. It looks like only JK Composites make seats narrow enough! Arse!

can you confirm you have bought the wrong car ? and have an SEI and Not an SEI W ,(i know the answer as i can see you have fixed rear arches) i assume its not a W and you may have an issue , however a caterham is narrower between the tunnel and the outer panel , and i would suggest that Revie , tilet and mog do seats that fit (these seats may be in carbon and not just composite from most of those , but whats 1500 quid between friends ??

it would seem you want a seat that fits in 38cm , i had no idea that it was that tight in an SEI , its narrower than an S3 caterham which goes to 39.5cm

its rumoured a tillet B3.5 or 6.5 will fit as well .

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Tillett will do you a custom job. Or atleast they used to.

Maybe try speaking to Steve

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
can you confirm you have bought the wrong car ? and have an SEI and Not an SEI W ,(i know the answer as i can see you have fixed rear arches) i assume its not a W and you may have an issue , however a caterham is narrower between the tunnel and the outer panel , and i would suggest that Revie , tilet and mog do seats that fit (these seats may be in carbon and not just composite from most of those , but whats 1500 quid between friends ??
Its deffo a narrow. I only have 360mm to play with.

Tillett only do the B3.5/6.5 which is interior skin only and a bugger to mount. (esp since I want the drivers side on a runner....). I tried to order a B4 this morning until the man asked what it was going in and then told me not to bother...

As our friend said above , Steve Tillet will make a custome seat as he will have for both of us in the past :)

but you bought the wrong car :p

it is most likely JK only , or one of the westfield race seats

Not a 320d
How rapid are we talking? I really want a sigma engined Supersport Caterham. 140hp. They seem to go like stink. Can only imagine a Kseries with 185hp would go like buggery.

140bhp go like stink ............... you will be surprised , that won't be under 5 seconds to 60 so can be outsprinted by a golf/a3/leo/1 series bmw .

things get quick above 200bhp in them, once your north of 400bhp per tone they feel quick ......

I used to run 250bhp 480kgs on slicks ...... even then after a while they don't feel mega quick on track , though the 300bhp duratec started to be pretty spritely

wait till you look at the electric westfields knocking about ?? 6 second quater mile from Dan out in Barbados ??

http://www.barbadosmotorsport.com/videos/2017-03-26/barbados-drag-racing-megawatt-vs-evo

the aero of a brick has quite an effect past 60mph which is where you need power ,

pushing one past the 130mph mark starts to take lots of power , even running aeroscreened .

a 140bhp car is a nice place to start but it only feels quick because low and exposed.

there you go , a 140 sigma might not be under 7 seconds

http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/caterham-0-60-mph-times/

they really are not that quick with small power

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I have to say im not a fan tbh, I just couldn't get on with it I don't think.
Good luck with it though.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Nothing exciting. I'm limited by what fits.... just some narrow carbon high backed seats with black GRP backs.

Gear linkage is a quaife one. The issue could be the extender plate too, I'm starting at the linkage though, I'll clean and re grease the extender bar and see how it is.

If it's still s**t I'll get another extender. If it's s**t after that, I'll get a new gearbox.

It's the extender that gives the issue

Yes run the quaife caterham short linkage and a new extender

Once those are in you will find its back to being spot on again.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It's the extender that gives the issue

Yes run the quaife caterham short linkage and a new extender

Once those are in you will find its back to being spot on again.

No one seems to make a good extender. They all look a bit home bodge with no baring on the shaft.

The factory one with bronze bushes has always just worked in all honesty

I gave them huge amounts of grief and only replaced one once once you use the decent quaife shifter and a solid new extender the shift is a nice clean snick between gates

It feels fine

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
13 x 7 Pro Race 1.2's ordered in Anthracite.

$_1.jpg

185/60/13 Nangkang NS2-R's in hard compound ordered too.

NANKANGNS2R.jpg

Trying very hard to make it not too grippy, so its still fun on the road.

The pro races are a nice look

Would have stuck 6" on the front though

Let's hope you got through the offset minefield ok

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The pro races are a nice look

Would have stuck 6" on the front though

Let's hope you got through the offset minefield ok
Pro Race only do 7" widths.

I've not actually moved the tyre position in wards or out wards which should mean I'm ok.

I was:
185/60/14 et 20
New:
185/60/13 et 23

Tyre will give 12mm lower ride height and 12mm more clearance for height in the arches.
The wheel its self will move 15.7mm inwards and 9.7mm outwards going from 6" to 7" with the offset change.

I should have more than enough clearance at the front and back. I'll probably have to raise it up 8mm at the front though so the sump is in a happier place.

When it's all sorted get a full geo and corner weight

Can't remember where you are but blink in Cheshire or Northampton Motorsport

Or playskool

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
13 x 7 Pro Race 1.2's ordered in Anthracite.

$_1.jpg

185/60/13 Nangkang NS2-R's in hard compound ordered too.

NANKANGNS2R.jpg

Trying very hard to make it not too grippy, so its still fun on the road.
The f**k did you order semi-slicks for then! Should have just got ns2's

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The f**k did you order semi-slicks for then! Should have just got ns2's
Because they are give or take the same as the Avon CR500's that Caterham used to spec.

They have deep tread 8mm and a hard wear rate (180 tread wear rating, a medium Toyo 888r is 60 tread wear rated) so they won't be over the top.

Reactions: ...
  2011 Clio Sport 200
There's some good reviews of them around...and they're priced well. I'm tempted to try some 120s.

02 Iceberg 172
...wait till you look at the electric westfields knocking about ?? 6 second quater mile from Dan out in Barbados ??

http://www.barbadosmotorsport.com/videos/2017-03-26/barbados-drag-racing-megawatt-vs-evo

That's pretty impressive, but think that is an 1/8mile track not a full quarter - if it was a 6sec quarter mile time then the speed would be much higher than 110mph... :smile:

Always wanted a Caterham or similar myself - should've brought one back from the UK with me...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I don't like the bent one. I want it near the wheel, not next to me!

Where it falls relative to the dash is important , most people find the short bent one falls easier to hand due to the driving position being more laid down

Shoulders tend to be further back relative to first gear

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why are garages just full of s**t. Order wheels. Yes mate in stock be with you on friday.

Friday comes, get a call, sorry mate, never had any in stock, looking at a 3 week wait.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So tonight I'll be putting it back onto its old wheels with shonky tyres, the old knackered seats back in and the new lights.

I may as well spend the weekend sliding around in the sun in it.

Reactions: ...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Update.

Rear number plate replaced
Rear number plate light re located

New headlights fitted and re wired in, it was an utter t**t, due to having to play the game of guess what wire goes to what when you are putting 5 into 4.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Test day.

17634745_10155186689792579_7250226803905919858_n.jpg

Positives:
Still fast
New gear linkage works
All the lights now work
Seat position better
Deffo has an uprated box in it, long first and second
LSD locks well

Negatives
Exhaust rattles
New gearlinkage rattles
Current wheels and tyres are awful
Only the left front Calliper works
Pedals poorly positioned for heel toe
Current seats are terrible

I can't wait for my new wheels and tyres to turn up. Seats will help it too.

Currently trying to find a set of better brakes too.