ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weighbridge results for Mk1 and Mk2 172’s

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Thanks to Neil and Simon who joined me to get our cars weighed.

The results are:

Jas - MK 1 Alloy bonnet - 1093 KG *
Si - MK 1 Steel bonnet - 1100 KG
Neil - MK 2 Steel bonnet - 1120 KG

(* Weighbridge weight was 1100 KG but has been adjusted down 7 KG to allow for double rear spoiler and ICE.)

The weighbridge was 100% accurate and had only been tested by trading standards the week before.

All cars had a full tank of fuel, and all extras had been removed (such as tool kits, shopping bags, kitchen sink, etc.)

Weights do not include the driver.

Jas and Sis cars both have full magnex systems on, but we have not adjusted any weights for these, not sure if they will make the car heavier or not?

Hope this helps some people.

Nice one Jas. !

good to have OFFICIAL figures...

we need to get a williams on the bridge now...

then we have it all.. stuff reno dream figures LOL

Joe

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

So how much extra do you think the Magnex full system weighs?

I would think the Magnex exhaust (its stainless steel isnt it?) weighs a fair more than the standard unit. Perhaps in the region of 10kg extra.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

yeah, both original cars have stainless exhausts but from what I remember the Magnex is certainly heavier.

i know its not quite the same but on my 16v, the differnce in weight from the standard back box and the magne s/s one was minimal