ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welshname's Monaco 172

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Would be pretty awesome if the southerners met us there!

Get it organised.

More maintenance updates are due soon. Redoing the belts with dephaser, alternator, water pump, pas pump and probably injectors as it's hesitating/sturrering.

I also need to do the inner and outer arb bushes.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Would be pretty awesome if the southerners met us there!

Get it organised.

More maintenance updates are due soon. Redoing the belts with dephaser, alternator, water pump, pas pump and probably injectors as it's hesitating/sturrering.

I also need to do the inner and outer arb bushes.

If you can wait until 3rd November, you can have my standard injectors for free if you want. Meg ones are going in mine.....
And yep, be good if a group of us got over to the ring at the same time :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you can wait until 3rd November, you can have my standard injectors for free if you want. Meg ones are going in mine.....
And yep, be good if a group of us got over to the ring at the same time :smile:

That would be ace. I'm not taking them for free so let me know what you want for them and we can sort it out.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Camping was good as we were trying to make it a cheap weekend for some of us. But really I'd have preferred to hotel the whole trip. Would have been much more comfortable. Although I don't think they appreciate fires in hotels.

Suzuki Jimny
Pretty sure I spotted you on the friday driving around, was a very quiet week until the weekend!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Holes? Deodorant? Do tell.

Why are you re-doing the belts etc Rhys? Do them wrong? :D
No LOL! I'm doing them again because I didn't do the dephaser and its noisy.

And the deoderant was that we put one on the fire. It exploded massively and shot off towards the cars. It actually hit Jon's tent and put a hole through it. The lid shot off in the opposite direction and stuck to my chair.

Then we all ran round like mental patients stamping out burning embers on tents and chairs!

Suzuki Jimny
Was you then, also noticed that you were in pistenklause at the same time as us, but that friday was so busy in there!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Ring trip looks epic! Good to see the car performed so well.

Cheers. It was amazing. Even if you're not comfortable driving round there I'd suggest to any petrol head that they should go. The roads locally are superb (Piston Heads have done a post on them today actually as they were also there this weekend). And just the atmosphere is unreal. We got to a point where GT3's were driving past and we were all just like "oh look, another one..."

As much as people big it up, it's worth every single compliment that gets paid. It's amazing.

Yeah, next year north and south would be a good laugh.
We were lucky to get a table on friday actually, just got there at the right time.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Slow as s**t. Honestly couldn't take a proper line anywhere as I was scared to f**k of smashing into another car LOL! Need to go back when it's not a bank holiday

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just watched it back. Even slower than I thought it would look.

Not going to lie it's a s**t scary place to drive so for my first attempt I'm happy with that.

Still, can't wait to go back and give it a proper go.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got bored last night.... Ooops

ytyjudu4.jpg

BWAAARRRRRPPPPPPP!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Been meaning to post this for a while but couldn't be arsed.

Basically I got the K-Tec induction kit and it was dire. The cuts were pissed, the fit was poor, the filter is basically see through (it has to be the same as the filter of death that there is for ITB's. So few emails and a phone call or two and I got my money back. It also sounds s**t, anyone who thinks otherwise is broken. Utterly broken.

Few pictures of the terrible state of fit

15634220322_1903fa6f18_z.jpg
by welshname, on Flickr

15013201033_408e77cb9a_z.jpg
by welshname, on Flickr

As you can see it catches the battery tray, doesn't sit correctly on the throttle body and I've also had to bend that tab back on the ECU bracket as it was cutting into the bend. I know a lot of people said I should have just cut it straight and shorter but when you're paying the best part of £200 for something you don't expect to have to cut it yourself.

So the plan is to get a ph1 airbox and a performance filter as that's about the sound I'm after. As the weather is cold I'm currently debating taking the car to Birchdown for dephaser, aux belt kit, cambelt kit, alternator, ARB bushes. I've done the belts myself once and in this weather I can't be fucked and seeing as the alternator is packing up I need to get it done sooner rather than later. I also need 4 new tyres but I'm currently debating 15" wheels and coilovers. Shall see what bonus I get in January and decide from there.

Boring update but yeah, that's where it currently sits.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Did they give you a refund OK? Given that it had been fitted etc?

Sack of getting a ph1 airbox and just put togethers the IK of Fatty's thread? Cheaper and you still got LOL noise.

Plus, if you're getting a refund on £200 of this, I'd spend 280ish on some F1's with good tyres and then sell your wheels on for peanuts to recoup the difference. Perfect.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I actually don't want the lol noise. Not a fan.

And yeah they were fine with the refund. Money is going towards the work I need doing first though. Then I'll decide if I'm going coilovers and 15" or keep the suspension setup the same and go for turinis