ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went to carisma lastnight....

Mmmmm they had the TVR, porshe, silver R5, blue R5 and the max power project slam astra :)

heheheh!!! well nice in there said i could have a look about but all the cars were wrapped up in cling film type stuff hehe!!

Took my car so he could give me a quote for:

Extendin bonnet and wings to fit headlights,
Fixing my wing after bottoming out and respraying,
Colour coding handles and boot lock,
Colour coding inside of doors and boot lid,
Taking my side skirts off and flling them and respraying them and smoothing them into inside of door so no join,
and touching up on a couple of scratches.

urm i think that was it??

drum roll......how much you reckon??? hehehehe!! he told me 2k maximum!! OUCH!!!

thing is i dont trust anyone else to do this work so shall i just go with it?!?!?!

anyone know of anyother bodyshops that can do this kind of work?!?!?!

don't

how much were u expecting it 2 b????

they say max of 2k so itll prob b 1.5-2k wont it

lots of little kind of jobs, dont really know any1 in essex that ud wana trust really, u want a decent job done so at least with them ud expect it 2 b pretty much spot on, and if not im sure a company like that isnt going 2 have a problem putting it all right!

still lots of cash though :-( u sure u wana get it all done at once

could do half of it , b cheaper and then u still got more in ur plans 2 do at later date, just an idea..........

.Dave.

Yeah im happy to pay that cos i know they will do an awesome job just need to sort out the dollar now :(

cars hey bloody expensive hobby but im not giving up!!

i dunno how much i was expecting dave think i was just hoping hehe!!

he knows what he is talking about as well and is a diamond bloke :)

i just want it all done tho then after that i can get the engine sorted :)

Vix :)

don't

i hope uve declared all ur mods young lady :D

what company r u with anyway?? fully comp i take it as uve spent ur life savings on ur car ;)

Yeah i know pete i expected that but hey its gotta be done and who better than the best hehe :)

i have indeed the bloke couldnt believe it when i told him hehe :)

"oh yeah i have a headlight conversion as well"

"oh the normal morettes yeah?"

"urm no mark 4 golf headlights"

"hey??" LOL!!

HIC and yes fully comp hehe!! costing me £1200 LOL!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well all you gotta ask yourself is..Am i gunna get a better job elsewhere for less?

Answer:- Nope!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

You get what you pay for.

he did say 2k >>>MAX<<<

Yeah im glad someone agrees Tom :) its true you wont get a better job cos they do this stuff everyday and he was actually well into my car sitting in front of it and getting ideas and stuff never gonna match that anywhere else!

Not that mitsi its just i love my car and i am determined to get it how i imagine it i dont get the best wage in the world i just save a lot and get what i want :)

at the end of the day its all worth it when its finished its a great feeling :)

yeah that is max so it will go down a bit so we will see when he calls me hopefully today hehe!!

don't

with HIC u can do £1500s worth of cosmetic mods and not get an increase???

i take it uve gone over that by a fair way??

im with hic, gd company, although apparently theyve gone up at moment, so hopefully will b back down come october time 4 renewel as dont wana mess around with other companies and have 2 pay 2 have mods

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by powelly on 15 July 2004

Yeah im glad someone agrees Tom :) its true you wont get a better job cos they do this stuff everyday and he was actually well into my car sitting in front of it and getting ideas and stuff never gonna match that anywhere else!

Not that mitsi its just i love my car and i am determined to get it how i imagine it i dont get the best wage in the world i just save a lot and get what i want :)

at the end of the day its all worth it when its finished its a great feeling :)

yeah that is max so it will go down a bit so we will see when he calls me hopefully today hehe!!

This is the thing, they have a good rep and so many modded cars are done badly because people skimp on the labour and try diy.

either that or they look good for about 2 hours and then fall to bits, sounds to me like youve mad your mind up.

TBH i was thinking that Tom but with the cars they have done mine doesnt really compete hehe!! dont think they would and i dont wanna be laughed at lol!

They have gone up at the moment but still good compared to the 2k i was getting elsewhere!!

Even performance and modified insurance companies wouldnt touch me lol!! was ridiculous!

Yeah i want my car to be done well and only one way to do that so im gonna have to go for it

theres quite a wait on cars going in at the moment tho!

yeah i have made my mind up really i just needed some encouragement to spend that money lol!

might get a good price cos my other halfs car is going in at the same time so spending nearly 3k!!