ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests Widetracked Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
Re: Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

the car is looking amazing, well done mate, just went throught the whole thread and was thinking he needs an rs grille then bam it happened lol

Discounted 1*2 parts

the car is looking amazing, well done mate, just went throught the whole thread and was thinking he needs an rs grille then bam it happened lol

Yea it took a while to get my arse into gear and order one!!!

Discounted 1*2 parts

Fitted the spacers to the rear coilovers at the weekend

Prefered the look of it without the spacers but you couldn't take people in the back without the arches rubbing on the tyres!

P1030475.jpg

P1030477.jpg

P1030478.jpg

Disastra Coupe

Excuse my laziness for not searching, but did it not have them at all then? Is that not dangerous? (Don't mean that arsey btw, just a question lol)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

No, people often take them out just to get that extra little bit of low

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

this is looking awesome now!!

just needs a DCI 100 turbo, Intercooler and remap to finish it off!! i miss my old mapped 100 :(

Discounted 1*2 parts

this is looking awesome now!!

just needs a DCI 100 turbo, Intercooler and remap to finish it off!! i miss my old mapped 100 :(

Although i've been saying the whole way through this project i'm not going to tamper with the engine, I am now considering a few DCI 100 parts :S

low and smooth 1.poo

haha do it. put a cheeky remap on it, and it will be quick like

Discounted 1*2 parts

haha do it. put a cheeky remap on it, and it will be quick like

Yea a little more poke wouldn't go a miss.

Is it just a case of bolting on the DCI 100 turbo and intercooler. I've read over on the dci.net website that the internals are also different?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

100 internals are stronger as renault apparently threw a few pistons thru the block while stress testing the 100 engine, however im not sure how stressed these engines were!

few guys on the forum running mapped 65s around the 100bhp mark, id imagine a mapped 80 with the better injectors would be good for 110/115bhp, turbo would be your limit.

pass on the 100 turbo not sure if its a straight swap or not, however its an awesome turbo! my 100 @ 130bhp/190lbft used to fly! until the clutch started slipping with the torque)

Discounted 1*2 parts

100 internals are stronger as renault apparently threw a few pistons thru the block while stress testing the 100 engine, however im not sure how stressed these engines were!

few guys on the forum running mapped 65s around the 100bhp mark, id imagine a mapped 80 with the better injectors would be good for 110/115bhp, turbo would be your limit.

pass on the 100 turbo not sure if its a straight swap or not, however its an awesome turbo! my 100 @ 130bhp/190lbft used to fly! until the clutch started slipping with the torque)

Thanks for the info - may have to join up over on cliodci.net to get some more info :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

Was going to carry out the rear disc conversion on the dci today but a collegue of mine mentioned that the master cylinder may be different between discs and drums - this put me off trying if it wouldn't work.

Anybody done the conversion or know if it is possible before I waste my time and effort??

Cheers

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

The master cylinder is the same, don't worry.
a renault "guy" told me the same, and i bought an RS master cylinder, for nothing .. the original one work with the rear disc.
But, il you have on the front the RS caliper + rear rs disc, it will be good to mount a RS master cylinder.

if you keep the original dci, the pedal will be "looong", you understand? :)

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

I forgot : (master cylinder size)

dci 20mm
rs 22mm

big brakes conversion, we generally use 23,8mm with Brembo megane RS caliper.

so, it's a good thing to change it, but the oiriginal dci work :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

The master cylinder is the same, don't worry.
a renault "guy" told me the same, and i bought an RS master cylinder, for nothing .. the original one work with the rear disc.
But, il you have on the front the RS caliper + rear rs disc, it will be good to mount a RS master cylinder.

if you keep the original dci, the pedal will be "looong", you understand? :)

I have the RS calipers on the front and the brake pedal travel is very short - i.e. you don't have to press the pedal a long way for the brakes to work

Clio 2.3 dCi 80

I have the RS calipers on the front and the brake pedal travel is very short - i.e. you don't have to press the pedal a long way for the brakes to work

i used to drive dci calipers + rs master cylinder and it was really short and nice (i thought), when i changed my dci caliper for RS caliper, it seems to me very long. Just a different point of view i think ;)

Thanks for your answer about the rear spacer coiovers, do you have link to buy it?

Discounted 1*2 parts

i used to drive dci calipers + rs master cylinder and it was really short and nice (i thought), when i changed my dci caliper for RS caliper, it seems to me very long. Just a different point of view i think ;)

Thanks for your answer about the rear spacer coiovers, do you have link to buy it?

The spacers/adjusters came with the coilovers

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

ive got sport brakes on the van. with braided lines. pedals doesnt seem any different.

Discounted 1*2 parts

Got the spacers through this week.

Went to fit them today but they won't fit on rear hubs, only discs. So I'll be getting the rear disc conversion done asap :)

P1030500.jpg

delta mics? if so I would advise you got some new bolts, and not to use the ones that come with them.

Why dont they fit the rear hubs. I ran 25mm with my rear drums for about 2days and fitted fine.

Discounted 1*2 parts

delta mics? if so I would advise you got some new bolts, and not to use the ones that come with them.

Why dont they fit the rear hubs. I ran 25mm with my rear drums for about 2days and fitted fine.

What is wrong with the standard delta mic bolts??

When you put the spacer on the rear hub it doesn't butt upto the hub face

What is wrong with the standard delta mic bolts??

When you put the spacer on the rear hub it doesn't butt upto the hub face

I've heard too many bad things about those bolts. Including this: fail

Do they tighten at all, or is there a small gap about 2mm between the drum? Might be different on the dci I guess.

Discounted 1*2 parts

I've heard too many bad things about those bolts. Including this: fail

Do they tighten at all, or is there a small gap about 2mm between the drum? Might be different on the dci I guess.

Ouch :eek: thanks for the heads up!

There is about 2/3mm gap between the back of the spacer and the hub face, whereas when i tried it on my mates 172 it fitted perfectly

Ouch :eek: thanks for the heads up!

There is about 2/3mm gap between the back of the spacer and the hub face, whereas when i tried it on my mates 172 it fitted perfectly

Yeah I had that gap on mine. Not sure if its to do with the face of the hub, however I as long as the bolts are correctly torqued they should be fine. If your getting the disc conversion for the rear, you may as well just wait.

Discounted 1*2 parts

Yeah I had that gap on mine. Not sure if its to do with the face of the hub, however I as long as the bolts are correctly torqued they should be fine. If your getting the disc conversion for the rear, you may as well just wait.

Yea just didn't look safe having the gap, so will wait a few more weeks until the rear discs go on :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

Replacement centre cap arrived today as one went missing at an Oulton Park track day when the wheels were on my old 172!!