ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What decent webhosts are there out there?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Supanames decided this week to just stop my site without first a warning etc etc then couldnt even tell me the reason it was stopped. First it was your not allowed to host images for ebay auctions, they then thought i was actually hosting the ebay shop on their servers.

Bunch of f**king crettins.

So what decent hosts are there out there?

I already have my own .biz web address and i use the site for redirecting to my ebay shop and hosting my ebay auction images.

Focus ST
I host with Streamline.net

Done alright for me so far, although i don't know if you issues will be the same on another hosting company?

I used to use spanames a long time ago, but their downtime kept annoying me. Then went to united hosting and stayed with them ever since. They're not that cheap, but great customer support

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
just dont use streamline.net. hositnt isnt too bad but SQL side is worst thing iv ever experienced. complained around 20 times and they just try and fob me off everytime!

they have too many users on one server, dog slow and timing out all the time! customer service is fukin s**t as well. my dog would be better at it than them monkeys!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I currently pay £21.14 p/month for 2.5gb reseller hosting. This space is mainly used to host 3 different sites complete with forums for each. Would I benefit at all from VPS hosting and would this allow me to have multiple accounts and domains with seperate control panels in the same way as I can via reseller hosting?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
just dont use streamline.net. hositnt isnt too bad but SQL side is worst thing iv ever experienced. complained around 20 times and they just try and fob me off everytime!

they have too many users on one server, dog slow and timing out all the time! customer service is fukin s**t as well. my dog would be better at it than them monkeys!

Sounds alot like the fuckwits im with at the minute.

Their latest excuse for cutting the site is that im using too much bandwidth.

im with getpro - 2.50 a month seems very reliable and i got a fair bit of space and bandwidth cant recall how much it is though. ha

Clio 1.6 RXE
hostgator.com - good pricing and you get pretty much everything you will ever need within their 2 cheapest packages.

Cup'd Monaco 172
I have a dedicated server with 1and1. Seems good so far.

We use fasthosts too for individual sites. Very good.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Do fasthost allow you to send email through their SMTP servers?

Thats another thing that pissed me off about supanames having to change my SMTP everytime i was out with the laptop.