ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you guys think to the boomerang scheme at motorpoint

after having a test drive in one(172) i decided to ask them about this scheme.

here it goes
£2500 deposit
36 monthly payments of £237
final payment of £5077

this is all full uk registered with alarm etc
cheers
delboy

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Sod that.

Having to pay 5 grand after 3 years when the cars worth little more than that.....

Sorry, dont do any form of finance....

Surely you can see its a bit nonsensical?

Paul

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yerr Its a bit step.

Over 3 Years you pay £16109

Even if you give the car back and dont pay the £5077 you still pay £11032 for a car you dont own.

Not sound finance to me...

172 Cup

Probably called a "bank loan". Works out at £14k and a bit which including apr and paymwnt protection sounds about right.

Schemes like this "boomerang" scheme seem ok on paper but the dealers just prey on naive customers.

If it is coming from motorpoint, I think you will find it wont have an alarm. They are imports and only come with what is put on at the Renault factory !

So take that into account when getting your Tesco loan !

well ive just contacted my local renault dealer about the cup and if they do any sort of finance.
they do a thing called renault selections, overall for paying monthly i pay n extra £1000 and thats it.

i can give you 3.25% on hire purchase or 2.5% on leasing with no deposit. all over a period of 12-60 months.....but that means im making no comission at all!!!! but hey, for fellow clio owners!!! whats money...

mate if you can do that for me ill have one, just let me know what the monthly payments are etc.

cheers
delboy

Last edited by a moderator:

haha....i can, but im afraid i sell cars in Hong kong.....unless you want it shipped over.....and out list prices are still more expensive then the clios over there......list is $159,900.....i can cut i down to 149,900 and include licencing fee (6000).....and if i rally need to shift stock....139K.....or if you pay the 159.....then i can change the colour of the car to anything you like free.

this is of course no use to u at all!!

sorry mate, i would if i could but i cant....as they say.

haha....i can, but im afraid i sell cars in Hong kong.....unless you want it shipped over.....and out list prices are still more expensive then the clios over there......list is $159,900.....i can cut i down to 149,900 and include licencing fee (6000).....and if i rally need to shift stock....139K.....or if you pay the 159.....then i can change the colour of the car to anything you like free.

this is of course no use to u at all!!

sorry mate, i would if i could but i cant....as they say.