ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does everyone think of mods...

ph1 172
Personally, im not into modding, i like to keep things standard.

Bought mine with a stainless steel exhaust, which is louder than a standard exhaust, but not too loud that u look like a tit.

I might take the clio badge off the back, leaving the renault sport.

The wheels need refurbing, my mate is trying to persuade me to get dark wheels when they go in (car is silver) anyone got any pics of theirs liek this?

Mike

M2 Competition
The clio badge is pinned on fella, will leave holes when you take it off. The RS badges are only stuck on though.

Sometimes i wish id left my car standard, but then i go for a drive and realise why ive done all the things i have to it, and fall in love again.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah exhaust filter and suspension etc is fine Body kits are a BIG no no imo ;) The 172 is a good b road basher out the box, its what it was made for :)

MCS R56
You can go too far. A few light mods here and there are fine. As you say, stupid exhausts and body kits are just pi$h.

Jap Shed
my 172 came with 17's and i cant wait to put std wheels back on.
I love the 172's 182's std looks, all i want are the following -

DONE
prospeed zorst
piper x panel

TO DO
std wheels on
remap
good tyres
clear indicaters
good mats
green stuff pads

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
hi guys

gettin 182 soon wana do yozzasport exhaust itg iair box replacement and GDI cams remap and manifold matching do you think this is a good idea and what kinda power should i expect
cheers guys

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm not into the whole bodykit kind of modding, but a few nice subtle mods or perfomance mods are ok, imo of course :)

ph1 172
what does everyone think of getting darker wheels, either dark grey or black against the silver paint?

would be keeping standard wheels, just getting them re-done.

Or should i stick with the silver look?

i would try to get another set , ok maybe expensive but then whatever mood your in ....you can change your wheels to suit

M2 Competition
Darker wheels look ace on a silver car fella, go for it.

With the gdi package above, should be looking at 195-200.

ph1 172
there is a place near mine that does alloy refurbs, it has a very good reputation, and isnt too bad on prices, so im going to get them done there i reckon. cant really afford to get new alloys.

If i got them sprayed darker not sure whether to get dark grey or black tho, any ideas?

anthracite or gun metal grey ........ defo a matt black finish if black imo .
fred does 4 wheels for 160 in the mids