ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Refitted my refurbed turinis and camber bolts after 'powdercoat gate' and did a by eye alignment followed by a quick taxless drive on my b roads. Looks amazing now.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Removed the seats and gave the carpet a much needed clean.

53618b954dac6f649393f7b7e8cb3f6f.jpg

06ab0d4cd9d8a1e7a154cf25d49d79c4.jpg

Polished the headlights, fitted door speakers, hoovered it out, fitted new mats, bought four new tyres. In with RS Tuners in Leeds first thing Monday morning for new brakes all round, a full service and re-map. Expecting a different animal back :)

@AndyPembs182 Yeah I am greatly looking forward to getting it back with new tyres, brakes and map. I've been reading nothing but good things about RS Tuning. The tyres that were on it were shocking, bald and down to the cord on the inner edges of the front two! When I took it to ATS for air-con service they refused to put it on their ramp they were that bad. I immediately went and bought part worn ones to see me by until I got new. Can't wait!

15 year old car. What power do you reckon it is making now? And what do you reckon I can expect from a map? De-cat Milltek and pipercross filter. Massive powerband at 4500-5000rpm but nothing much below. I hope it makes at least 182bhp at the end of it all.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Charged the flippin battery AGAIN! Looks like something is drawing from it again, doing my head in now as I thought I'd sorted it

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Big day for my old girl tomorrow as I’ll be doing...

Timing belt & dephaser (OE)
Water pump
Aux tensioner & belt (OE)
Oil (millers CFS) and filter
CV boot

And depending on how much time I’ve got... fitting my new steering wheel boss and my Momo wheel (for the track)

And also gonna remove the seat spacers to lower that.

Sucks working on cars on your day out the garage but hopefully I can find the motivation to get it all done. I remember the days when I’d love working on my own cars!

All in the name of some track action hopefully!

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely a PITA doing the belts on these.

Wasn’t happy with my crank pulley’s rubber being perished so ordered a new one, that stopped job completion but should be there tomorrow so will get it finished Friday.

Some numpty had also destroyed the lower plastic timing cover (mind you it’s blumin tight!) and also siliconed the holes in the cam end plugs rather than replacing them.

Timing wasn’t right from prev belt change either as the cam locking tools were certainly not going in.

Lots of noisy bearings on all the idlers and tensioner. Never have known it as car was pretty quiet.

Think I spent more time than anything else trying to remove all the original water pump gasket! Seemed like it was part of the block it was so well on there.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
What did you use? I've just picked up a 2004 182 and they are manky!
Remove the lower belt fixing bar (T30 torx from memory) pull the belt to it's full extent then use a bulldog clip or similar to stop it retracting. Use a bucket of water with a few scoops of Coop stain remover powder and get as much of the belt in there as you can by putting the bucket up on something. Leave a few hours and rinse, mine came up great and the bucket of water was grim afterwards.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely a PITA doing the belts on these.

Wasn’t happy with my crank pulley’s rubber being perished so ordered a new one, that stopped job completion but should be there tomorrow so will get it finished Friday.

Some numpty had also destroyed the lower plastic timing cover (mind you it’s blumin tight!) and also siliconed the holes in the cam end plugs rather than replacing them.

Timing wasn’t right from prev belt change either as the cam locking tools were certainly not going in.

Lots of noisy bearings on all the idlers and tensioner. Never have known it as car was pretty quiet.

Think I spent more time than anything else trying to remove all the original water pump gasket! Seemed like it was part of the block it was so well on there.

It'll fly with the correct timing in, can lose upto 40hp or so with it wrong.

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
I think today is quite a special day for my French babe as it got a new Orbisoud exhaust system on to replace the scorpion RS and also replaced the recaro frame with Jon lower adaptor for the driving position improvement. Both new equipments have made me smile all the way home

Although only 30mm lower but after fitted the lower adaptor it really makes noticable difference and great improvement
20200807_163221.jpg

need to add a new hole to bolt it on
20200807_125841.jpg
20200807_133306.jpg
20200807_123818.jpg

keeping the second world war bomb just in case...:p
20200807_115305.jpg

Thx again to Jon and Frayz for all assistance and the great parts and they are nice folks to deal with!! (y)(y)

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
:unsure:

I couldn’t lose the cruise control as it’s my favourite of any car.

257FBFBA-8A65-47E9-8CFB-749EA327FA4C.jpeg

87CD36E7-5B1F-4682-BB63-B8FA6AD2CD68.jpeg

25192F5C-C0C9-4428-85ED-17E7FB931541.jpeg

Bit of an annoying position compared to standard but being as they’re rocker action you can reach behind with your middle finger and operate them.

Has anyone made a plate up with aftermarket push buttons? Was thinking a sheet of carbon sandwiched between wheel & boss and buttons.

I may even scrap the cancel/reset buttons and have just down on left and up on right as it’s so easy to just use up n down speed to set.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone made a plate up with aftermarket push buttons? Was thinking a sheet of carbon sandwiched between wheel & boss and buttons.

BG 182
Had the over run map that was put on buy the previous owner removed yesterday.

Best money I've spent on the car so far, fell like much less of a knob driving it and its much less lumpy / hesitant on cold start.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Picked up a cheap new bonnet, unfortunately some peoples idea of mint isn't in line with mine

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a cheap new bonnet, unfortunately some peoples idea of mint isn't in line with mine

Unfortunately ‘mint’ nowadays means a different thing thing than it used to. “It’s mint mate” is a statement that usually means avoid as it’s knackered.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So I found out that you can't clean the sticky coating from the face of a Cabasse Auditorium without losing all the print from the face😫. It's not sticky now though!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Saved It From The Floods.

First Picture = The Street
Second Picture = My Bike
Third Picture = The Trophy

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 20.29.20.png
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 20.27.04.png
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 20.26.29.png

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Changed a couple of bulbs which meant

this...

0FB2955F-F103-492B-B019-C5B23A3FC879.jpeg

To get to these...

80DDFD3A-453C-4A3B-8B4C-3B6162DA0512.jpeg

to be able to see this...

69C99276-CC01-475D-80AB-ABD07A54AB0A.jpeg

which lead on to be removing what was left of the sticky crap on the top surround. Painted it ‘hard hat’ black, came out well (dust is post hardened dust) so just got to do the rest of the nasty stuff now!

6F45BD02-4ED4-40F5-B938-B626E7C1C212.jpeg

I also removed the seat spacers.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Technically this was yesterday but took this out for the first proper quick blast since it passed the MOT a few weeks ago.

It's been over 2 years since it's been on the road and driving it again makes me realise just how much I've missed it. It's taken a while but I'm so glad I persevered with it.

Came back with such a massive grin on my face!

IMG_20200912_170654.jpg