ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Quite surprised you went for that one Dave. Very high start speed.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Few bits ordered from CYC
Iron x
Dodo juice clay bar
MF applicator pads.

Got to buy a few more bits from Polished bliss then I'm ready for a detail :).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I considered the spin doctor when I went for the EP800 but I was happy with the price so thought I'd give it a go. If I don't get on with it I'll throw it up for sale again. I was after another 5" backing plate so quite happy with the SN item.

there is something with the layout of the EP like all DA's that I'm just not that comfortable with. Was going to try and grab Russ' 3m but he's keeping it now.

Very good chappers. lol

Just bought these , im no detailer , so just something half decent , any good?

20120506125315.jpg

i already had the wax....

F56 MINI Cooper S
Autofinesse Tripple and Tough Coat, used them on my 182 Saturday -brilliant products! very easy to apply/buff off, and the tripple left my paintwork feeling smooth as silk. Deffo buying some more once all used up.

As tripple is a polish, do I need to go over with sealant/wax after, or is it fine on its own as it does contain wax in it already.

Like I say, my paintwork looks and feels real nice now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I can blame you as I wanted the Glasur for myself! I'm still looking out for a sample or used pot

Autofinesse Tripple and Tough Coat, used them on my 182 Saturday -brilliant products! very easy to apply/buff off, and the tripple left my paintwork feeling smooth as silk. Deffo buying some more once all used up.

As tripple is a polish, do I need to go over with sealant/wax after, or is it fine on its own as it does contain wax in it already.

Like I say, my paintwork looks and feels real nice now.

Tripple does have a little protection properties so will hold off a little on it's own, but as you've bought Tough coat, give it a quick coat, will only take you 5minutes to do a while car then months of durability keeping the tripple looking good.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A new DAS6 Pro with a range of pads from I4D along with some bilberry wheel cleaner.

My order from CYC from last Tuesday still not arrived!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cyc are sometimes murder for delivery. Not sure why they are so bad compared with the rest.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Cyc are sometimes murder for delivery. Not sure why they are so bad compared with the rest.

It's been sent but the postcode is wrong for some reason. I've emailed Tim but had no reply. DPD won't listen to me because I've not got a none delivery number!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Me too, apart from the clay. Just didnt get on with that.

I had a go with i4d yellow clay today, quite nice tbh.

Are you referring to the i4d yellow poly clay? if so I thought it was awful and removed very little, even when I tried it without using tardis and ironx.

AF clay is OK but can feel a little sticky at times, certainly picks up a lot of rubbish

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Are you referring to the i4d yellow poly clay? if so I thought it was awful and removed very little, even when I tried it without using tardis and ironx.

AF clay is OK but can feel a little sticky at times, certainly picks up a lot of rubbish

Yes, I know what you mean, but I like the mildness of it.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
anyone know of a place i can order some of that clear plastic protective sheeting?

fresh paint on my car and stone chips already appearing :dapprove:

Bux

Golf GTD
I've just ordered some Iron-X and some PERL Coat Protectant, hopefully they'll be as good as people make out ;)

Been meaning to get some iron-x for ages!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You hold it against a spinning pad and it gently removes the dried out polish residue without damaging the pad. Comes in very handy when you're polishing for some time

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't ever think i've ever seen that before!

Triple duty brush usually for me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Megs triple duty brush didn't work too well for me and the hex pads, was a little too stiff and noticed the foam starting to deteriorate a little