ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

A3qn_BuCMAAWLQz.jpg

Used the P1, CQUK and I1 yesterday.

P1 by hand really works, but with a f**k load of effort. Not something I'd like to do regularly.

I love I1 and what it offers, but I was almost drunk off the fumes, a whole interior with it needs a good 5-6 hours ventilation.

CQUK, Lovely finish after the reload, but don't let it cure for long! It goes like C1 when left too long, really gluey and hard to remove. To be expected for such a durable sealant though! Didn't even use half the bottle on a whole car either.

Just checking; reload is like C1.5, so you didn't reload then apply CQUK, right?!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Are you doing all the work outside?

I find it is harder to see what your doing in daylight tbh

Z8 is a stunning product for finish, but I question it's durability! IMO it's a posh QD

Yeah doing it outside. Heard so many good reviews on Z8 so want to give it a bash, i was going to buy it a last month but opted for tough coat instead. Used all of that now so deffo trying Z8

Clio 182, Astra Sri
It was designed to fill in the gaps of cquk iirc?

Same system as c1 the c1.5?

But can still be use as a standalone lsp

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Na. I only heard about it the other day though, saw on Facebook one of the warning stickers they put on customers cars once its applied so I looked into it.

He wasn't just doing demos, was showing me the ropes on a rotary. but while were having a smoke break I asked about reload

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had the original reload, it was actually the first ever spray nano sealant. Awesome product.

ITB BG 182
Ok, I have been told to pass a message on to your lot from my lovable other half.

She thinks your all meen meen people leading me into temptation with more and more new detailing products after I have only just got over an old phase of OCD on cleaning my car.

Anyway, im just about to order some reload as the cquartz was easy peasy to apply and work with, should i get some I4D clay to prep the roof with ipa and iron x for the wheels too? Might need some mf cloths aswell but cant find any suede ones...

Is there anything else that might be good to buy?

Not a 320d
Ok, I have been told to pass a message on to your lot from my lovable other half.

She thinks your all meen meen people leading me into temptation with more and more new detailing products after I have only just got over an old phase of OCD on cleaning my car.

Anyway, im just about to order some reload as the cquartz was easy peasy to apply and work with, should i get some I4D clay to prep the roof with ipa and iron x for the wheels too? Might need some mf cloths aswell but cant find any suede ones...

Is there anything else that might be good to buy?

Tell her to get back in the kitchen. Since when were women allowed to form opinions?

i hope you lock her in the airing cupboard tonight for this.

ITB BG 182
Tell her to get back in the kitchen. Since when were women allowed to form opinions?

i hope you lock her in the airing cupboard tonight for this.
No point locking her in any place, she'd enjoy it.

It didnt work, spent another £75 at i4d and some gtech stuff too :D

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Nothin silly about that order

Report back with your opinion of avalanche

Lots of people buying it before, I'd like to hear some user reviews myself first

Nothin silly about that order

Report back with your opinion of avalanche

Lots of people buying it before, I'd like to hear some user reviews myself first

Just silly in the fact it's normally a £20 order!

And will do Junior Bear, hoping to use it next weekend. Have only used Magifoam with a Karcher attachment before so I'm expecting good things with this combo!

Does anyone have any recommendations for small spot pads, for use with DA and Rotary?
I did have black/white/green 4" Hex logic pads, but they've all completely torn apart around the edges after very little use, and I don't mean a little, they've completely ripped away from the velcro pretty much all round the edges.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
If they've done that very easily then I'd have a look into what backing plate your using, or your technique

If used properly the hex pads are pretty indestructible IMO

If they've done that very easily then I'd have a look into what backing plate your using, or your technique
If used properly the hex pads are pretty indestructible IMO

Yea does seem weird. I just use them the exact same I do with the larger Hex pads/
This backing plate: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=66

OT, just bought some Raceglaze Alcantara cleaner for my Recaro's. Haven't been cleaned in a long while and looking a bit sorry for themselves.

Last edited:
Just ordered this box of tricks for my new bg 182, hope i didnt order anything too naff!

Order Inventory:product: Chemical Guys - Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel
Options:
Quantity: 1
Product Code: CG-WM
Price: £16.95
Product: Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt
Options:
Product Code: A7301
Price: £9.95
Product: Super Spray - Hose end sprayer
Options:
Product Code: SUPG1
Price: £9.95
Product: Valet Pro - Snow Foam Combo
Options:
Product Code: vp-snow
Price: £14.95
Product: Dodo Juice Sour Power Shampoo
Options: Size - 250ml Bottle
Product Code: DODWI04464
Price: £6.95
Product: PoorBoys - Black Hole
Options:
Product Code: POO821
Price: £12.95
Product: ClearKote Wax Applicator Pad
Options:
Product Code: CLEM6
Price: £2.95
Product: Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax
Options:
Product Code: NAT54
Price: £12.95
Product: Meguiars High Gloss Tyre gel
Options:
Product Code: G7516
Price: £8.95

Not a 320d
Good to hear!

How long is it advisable to leave before adding a new layer?

TBH mate I always re apply once the beading drops as thats what I like, so whenever youre ready to re apply. In my case thats usually 4-5 washes depending on the weather.

If you want to leave it longer however itll sheet for months. Just what youre into I guess.