ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What trim detailer to use?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im needing something to blacken the plastics on the car, I have used meguiars trim detailer in the past. Im not happy with the meguiars trim detailer as when you apply it to the plastics that hold the wing mirrors I find that although it looks nice, next time you wash your car the grease from it will seep down onto the door paint.

Is there a product that wont do this and still look nice and black.

Clio with a body kit
I Use af revive as well and get on well with it. My girlfriends car has plastic between the doors which stays nice and black for around a month before turning grey/white again through hand prints.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Autofinesse revive or sonax trim gel for easy use but regular application

Gtechniq C4 for long term protection but requires precise prep and application

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Nanolex trim rejuvenater 50ml - £15
Gtechniq C4 30ml - £42
CarPro DLUX Sealant Kit 30ml + sponge and 4 mini cloths - £24.95
SONAX Xtreme Plastic Restorer Gel - £8.95

Gtechniq seems stupidly priced even if it is good stuff. Leaning towards DLUX as it seems the same as gtechniq c4 and a bit cheaper. Does DLUX last for ages too and not leave a greasy silicony finish.

Edit - Nanolex seems to be the best one - shall I get it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
With 30ml of c4 you could coat a bus, and use the remainder to coat the wheels. DLUX didn't seem to last as long, but you get more. But once opened it needs to be used fairly quickly.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
With 30ml of c4 you could coat a bus, and use the remainder to coat the wheels. DLUX didn't seem to last as long, but you get more. But once opened it needs to be used fairly quickly.
Alright, im going to get the C4 - its just the size - its the size of a shot glass... someone somewhere at Gtechnic is laughing their head off at how much they charge for it - I keep thinking if this video and how one should be done for Gtechnic

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Don't buy any type of coating until you've do t your research and are ready to put the time and prep in. If you don't get it perfect, it won't last and it'll look aweful. Get it right though and it's sorted for a couple of years

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't forget CarPro discount code either guys in the sticky! Nanolex trim restorer is the best of the rest excluding C4 and dlux.

You literally wasting money and time these days coating decent plastic parts in revive and trim gels. They don't last at all and have a tendency to run and streak if you don't thoroughly buff after applying.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
another one for revive its the best trim dressing ive used that isnt semi permanent, it goes nice and even and lasts a while

White APE
What do people recommend to use on the grills? I usually use revive but as you apply it via a sponge applicator or similar, it's impossible to get in the grilles.

FF Clio 182
Painted them satin black ...
316270cd5d64bc564561bd16e93f25da.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What do people recommend to use on the grills? I usually use revive but as you apply it via a sponge applicator or similar, it's impossible to get in the grilles.
The upper grille isn't black texture it's like painted grey so it won't take a trim product. I always tell people to spray the upper and the lower ones. The upper one always looks faded because it's grey.