ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the best way to power a ps2

Clio Sport 172

ive got a invertor but it switches off after about a hour of use because of heat build up. been told u can make em run off 12v instead of 16v so u can plug it straight in is there any other ways?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If the invertor is overheating, it sounds like you only have a 100w inverter or something.. or just a really crap one !

Higher rated inverters would run cooler as they would be using far less than what they are expected to take.

To be honest the best idea would be replacing the PS2 PSU with a specific car one like the ones posted above.

After all with the inverter you are converting 12v to 240v then converting it back to 12v, the efficiency of inverters is about 90% so that give you a 10% power innefficiency lost through heat etc..

we can supply and fit ps2 powerboard.. £80 for board and £30 labour to install..

we are based in nottingham

thanks

Paul

audio one

Clio Sport 172

the guy at the car place said i can do it through the cigarette lighter as long as the lighter only works wen ignition is on. My cigarette lighter has got 4 wires going in to it grey grey/pink yellow and blue but blue runs down the side were do i fit the positive and negitive

Youll have positive and negative for the cig lighter and the light around it, not sure what colour is what tho.

even if cigarette lighter is permanent you can put in a relay off an ignition supply so invertor only comes on when ignition is on..

just done this for a customers xbox..

paul

www.audio-one.co.uk