ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Cleaner Product Advice

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Couple of Quick Questions for you:

Is it ok to use the Auto Glym alloy wheel cleaner on the 182 anth colour wheels ?

Is it worth watering it down as it smells V acidic?

I have used it in the past on other aftermarket alloys but not painted or dark alloys, have been using Megs all wheel stuff so far on mine but even that smells a bit nasty ?

Advice please good people

Cheers

106 GTi
It is acid based so if you must use it watering it down is not a bad plan. If the wheels on your car are nice and glossy you may find it dulls the finish of them and you will need to repolish them after.

Best of using an acid free cleaner on them IMO, Megauirs All Purpose Cleaner or Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner are my two choices. Both are acid free so much more paintwork freindly.

After cleaning - If you have the time to polish and seal the wheels with something like Autoglym Super Resin and Autoglym Extra Gloss Sealant all you will need to use in future to clean is car shampoo and water.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Ok Rich, thank you.

Il get hold of some other products I think its a safer bet.