ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Restore

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Finally got round to sorted out my mates wheels on his astra. Something either his used or something by a cleaning company really reacted with the paint on his wheel and nothing would sort it out. Was all clouding looked more grey than black.

Before:(this is how they if they'd been cleaned normally :S)

11092009087.jpg

So gave them to me to sort out. Use the following:

Jet wash
Bilberry 1:1 with alot of scrubbing down
Mer polish. Only thing that seemed to work on these (just waiting for the criticism lol)
Tropi-care swirl remover polish
SRP
Muc off wheel sealent
2 layers of Meg wax

Result:

22092009100.jpg

Anything else i could of done let me know. Obviously not using the best products i know but was only a favour :)

mk7 fiesta zs
great improvement, if the mer works for you then use it ;) seconded on the tyre though..

Not got a car
lol Mer

Can remember when this stuff was big, and the sales man used to set fire to a bonnet after a polish.

From the results shown I would agree with the Rich one above.

Mer is something that would never go near my paint work, but that said, I'm a lazy fucker and polish my wheels with the machine polisher ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Trust me it's awesome. First time you clean the wheels though give them a good strong wash with bilberry first to remove any other polishes, then apply the WSAS I gave mine another coat the week after first doing it and it's still going strong (2weeks now)

Got lots of crap on the wheels at the mo so will see what happens at the weekend when I clean it. But last time MOST of it blew off with the pressure washer :)