ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When is a Cup a Cup...or not a Cup??

Clio 182
Chaps,

Just purchased a 182 Cup today....by accident...!!

However, have just realised that it doesn't have the small 'cup' badges on the 'B' pillars....

A little concerned now that it might not be a cup....!!

It's in the orangy/sunburst colour and has the cheaper looking vinyl front seats.....manual air con, anthracite alloys etc etc...

Visually, how else can I tell?

Ta!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wrong, i've got a full fat bean, they are pretty rare though, i've never seen another.

Does it have leather seats?
Does it have xenons?
Does it have front light washer jets?

Clio 182
Errm....

No
No
No (has blanks!)

I wonder whether the side pillar badges have been taken off...or come off if the owner polishes too much!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I didn't know 182 cups had the stickers on the b-pillers, thought it was only the 172s, but you have a cup if it has none of those things.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Side badges fall off if there is a wind stronger than 4mph iirc. They're shite.

Judging by the spec you mentioned, you deffinately have a cup.

Clio 182
I have a "full fat" inferno orange 182 with cup packs! They do exist! hehe. They have half leather seats, xenons & headlight washers (as mentioned above). I didn't think the cup beans had cup badges either? I've viewed a couple and none did?? Pics of car? :D

182 Cup
Side badges fall off if there is a wind stronger than 4mph iirc. They're s**te.

Judging by the spec you mentioned, you deffinately have a cup.

Agree with everything bar the side badge comment. Mine are still there after four years. I guess they go when ff owners get consumed with jealousy and rip them off.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
"full fat" means it has cup packs, so there no such car as a "full fat" with cup packs, unless it has 8 wheels, 2 spoilers and 2 splitters.

Tav

Clio 197
My b-pillar badges are still on after a hardy Scottish winter...mind you no jealous 172/182 owners live near by so they've obviously not been tampered with :cool:

My 182Cup has door badges. I fitted them myself because they never came with the car. The splitter was also on the back seat.

I've never had an issue with the badges falling off, though. They have been stuck fast for 4 1/2 years now. Touch wood.

Bean Cup with door badges.

IMG_05262.gif

Astra SRI/ Hornet
My cup didn't come with badges either just questionable stickers on b pillar and side skirts which I've obviously removed.

Yeah. There are two types of 182Cup badge. The door badges are proper raised chrome effect plastic. There is also a silver 'film' type in the same font.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No you don't they are shi't!

Didn't know you get non cup infernos.

I don't think half cs knew that tbh.

So it's just RB that didn't get FF?

You can get an FF RB, too. The Cup didn't have any exclusive colours. It was only available in two colours, though. Baked Bean and Racing Blue, both of which were also available on the FF cars.

The chair cover material is a bit basic in the Cup, to say the least. Saying that, they are largely the same seats otherwise, minus the side airbags.

Tav

Clio 197
The seat is covered in cloth...like 90% of other cars on the road. Contrary to popular belief the cup is not trimmed with old Potato sacks donated by french farmers.

RS Twingo 133
168 cup beans
148 FF Beans

I thought FF meant that the car hadn't had the weight saving to make it a cup. So you could have a FF with cup packs. (That's in response to an earlier post in this thread BTW).

The seat is covered in cloth...like 90% of other cars on the road. Contrary to popular belief the cup is not trimmed with old Potato sacks donated by french farmers.

In both cars, the steering wheel is trimmed with blu-tac.

A total of 316 Clio 182s were sold in Inferno in the UK.

Of that 316 there were:

168 Cups
148 Non Cups, 117 of which had cup suspension

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The seats/trim are better in a dynamique. Fact.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't even be bothered answering that.

I just seen the for sale thread for an RB FF funnily enough.

It has a decal on the sideskirt saying clio cup! So it's a FF cup! :S :S :S

if someone didn't know what the cup packs were, how would one know/find out?

The spoiler is bigger. Splitter usually missing.

The wheels should be anthracite and the suspension is different. The only way to confirm that is to measure the hub spacing.

and PMSL @ those trying to defend the 182 Cup! lolz

Tav

Clio 197
The seats/trim are better in a dynamique. Fact.

I have never seen the inside of a Renault Clio that isn't visually insulting on anything other than a Renault Sport model.

As for melting steering wheels the cup suffers the same fate, oblique not on the thumb grips which it luckily doesn't have. The right hand side of my steering wheel is starting to melt/degrade. Sweeeeet.

Yeah. My Cup wheel is fucked. When they do the explosives checks at the Eurotunnel, you can see the bloke pause for a split second thinking "WTF is that?!112"

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
168 cup beans
148 FF Beans

I thought FF meant that the car hadn't had the weight saving to make it a cup. So you could have a FF with cup packs. (That's in response to an earlier post in this thread BTW).

FF means cup packed.

there is
182 cup
182 ff (both cup packs)

Clio V6
Not this again :)

172 Cup / 182 Trophy = Winners for track fun
182 FF = Winner for general day-to-day laughs

Anything else just doesn't cut it.

IMO of course :)